What's up with this, is it for real? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, last question: Can Fractal report the video to Youtube as inaccurate and misleading?

What is YouTube supposed to do about it? They don't care about stuff like that. There are tons of crap/unfair videos just like this one on there. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is..

Ps - how the heck does he have over 25,000 subscribers??

Last edited:
It's comical he's using retail prices for gear made in production houses, usually with a purchasing contract for pcb etching, screenprinting and drilling, tape and reel components, chassis fabrication and screen printing, on top of labor. You're really lucky if you can find a production company that can do all that in house. Often a small business has to hit up three or more places and then someone to final assemble.
When the Nintendo Switch came out they had to compete with Apple for Arm cpu's, screens and other components since the iPhone X had sucked up so many parts in Asia.
Electronic components have a single unit retail cost, bulk cost, distributor cost, shipping cost, sorting cost. It's peak retardation to think $63 for one unit of x dsp is the actual cost for singles after it arrives at your home.
This isn't even discussing pcb design, front panel design, etc.

it's odd to me when people think gear price should just be the price of the components. but you give that same person just the components and they couldn't create an Axe-Fx, Helix, Music Man guitar, etc.

it's the "not just anyone can create an Axe-Fx from the bare components" part that you're paying for too.

yet they'll gladly buy a $5000 Les Paul or something. shrug hopefully they never buy food from a restaurant. i hear it costs more than the ingredients themselves.

You're not buying a list of parts from Digi-Key. You are buying a musical instrument. The guy in this video is the sort of nincompoop who would suggest that you can buy a bunch of wood at Home Depot for $15, and this should determine the price of a Les Paul. Nonsense.
What an excellent point....and really all that needs to be said.

I'm on my way to buy some wood at home depot, if anyone wants one of my $15 Les Pauls, let me know.
Turnaround time is 24 hours, and you can't complain at all about the quality since the price is outstanding.

this concept is misunderstood in basic retail too.

as a retail store owner, if my cost for a widget is $1, most stores would try to sell it for an a-mark price, doubling it to $2 for the customer price. .5 margin, 100% markup. i would earn $1 from the sale. that $1 is how i would pay my employees and pay for my fixed costs like rent, etc.

if i bought the widget for $1, then sold it for only $1, many people think "well you just made $1." but i've already spent that dollar. to buy the widget to sell. so that's zero profit, no way to pay employees or my fixed costs.

a company like Apple buys the components to make the devices, but also spends money on creating machinery to make the devices. how should that be paid for?

any company that buys something and sells it for the same exact price isn't making any profit and would not be able to keep the company open.

then there's the whole other conversation about Value and uniqueness. that is something to be paid for as well.

God forbid the sum of the processors and components cost less than what the unit sells for. The amount of value I have received from my Axe FX III, and previously my Axe FX II vastly outweigh the comparatively small cost of $2,XXX I paid for each. Also, God forbid Fractal Audio makes a profit on their products to keep quality staff hired, continued R&D, and constant firmware updates seemingly week after week. What a hilarious video.

I don't wanna get down on Tony for the video, but damn, stopping jabbin things with that chop stick! You trying to break the damn thing or what?

I wanted an FX8 so i bought it. I wanted an FM3 and i bought it. The price was more than fair to me for what the units offer. Does the miserable a hat that tried to slam the Fractal products realize he doesn't have to buy anything from Fractal? Or is he just a miserable person with a lot of free time?

"It's just too complicated" – sort of like 2:20:41 video who's major points are pretty much "if it's not Scots it's Crap" and "they refused to suck up to me"...

There are only so many minutes in our lives. Each one is a unique moment in time, granting us the opportunity to try to do something special. I just can't understand why anyone would decide to take up even one minute of their time to bad mouth a company, especially one like Fractal Audio. There is nothing to gain from that, as a consumer, as a Youtube reviewer, and most importantly, as a person. I would explain to him the joy that I get from my Axe FX III and how the continued support of my purchase goes above and beyond any other company I know of...but I just don't have the time.

Just a sad old man....................I remember the first time he did , what he calls a "review".

Listening to him makes me think an egg timer would be too complex for him, but hey, what do (I know.

Meh...i usually roll with the AC20 or DC30 amps, couple that with the excellent effects quality and routing, and the capabilities of the FC12....well worth the cost without any updates at all.

Go ahead and build a board with a ES-8 or GigRig switcher, multiple drives, delays, modulations, and reverbs, and just one of those amps. You're well above the cost of an Axe3, and you still don't have a Marshall, or Bogner, or Freidman....etc. I know this is true because I had an ES-8 based board, with several boutique drives, the Strymon Big Three, etc...along with a 65Amps Ventura head and cab. It was roughly equivalent to a 2007 Civic.:)

Plus it weighed a ton, had a ridiculous amount of cabling, and was a much bigger hassle to set up than my current rig. Insult to injury, it didn't sound as good!

Dude needs to get over himself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom