What's up with this, is it for real? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
opinions-are-like-assholes-everyone-has-one-no-one-thinks-theirs-stinks-dbdf0.png

Let me put it this way -
If Cliff were to port his code over to a popcorn maker, I’d buy it at the same price. Hell, maybe I’d prefer it over to the axe III so I can make popcorn while working on my preset.

It’s not the price, it’s the price in relation to the quality. As long as I can not find a similar product at a better price, axeIII will be my chosen product.
This guy can go ahead and pull in metal film caps and what not, but as long as he can’t come up with a better product, doesn’t matter to me.

@FractalAudio you should just goop it all. And then sue anyone that ungoops it. :D
I did that once with a line of controls products. About a week after we announced a new line, we got an order for one of each from a stocking distributor that had never ordered from us before. As it turns out, they were located 6 blocks from our largest competitor. :D

We built and shipped the order, after dremeling off all of the part numbers and filling the cases with black epoxy.

Fun times!

I can't watch his stuff (and I do get a good chunk of my entertainment from youtube gear reviews which I mostly enjoy). That shakey pointer stick, the dining room doilies, the constant chuckling and suggestion that a bag of parts should cost the same as a finished product, the nattering on about product certification labelling ... it's all just ... well ... annoying to me - I watched the Axefx 2 one way back - will sit this one out, not because I'm a Fractal fanboy and can't stand to watch negative opinions about Axefx, but because I find it just ... annoying.

I've watched some of his videos before. It's useful when I want to see the inside of a product where there are no other gut pictures available, but the mute button is quite handy.

I simply ask this question:

What other review of a piece of musical equipment have you ever seen where there is not a single note of music? Not even background music at the start or finish, just complete dead air for more than 2 hours! Does the guy even know anything about music, much less play the guitar?

Haven't seen the video but I have no complaints about the Fractal hardware - I haven't faced any issues yet and thus I don't care what components are inside - I'm paying for a product that sounds good, is tour ready, is feature packed and is updated with new features on a frequent basis. Heck, I'd pay a good amount just for the software only. Having used almost all of the digital modelers, I'd say the Fractal stuff is easily a few steps ahead if not more.

What irritates me the most about videos like this is all the people in the comments praising him for all the "great information" he's providing that have little to no knowledge of what any of that information means. No matter what's under the hood, the Axe III is the most powerful and versatile guitar processor on the market at a price point that is competitive with all the other big modelers. It's the same kind of dumb mentality we all the time, especially in politics. When people say the did "research" by watching a poorly conceived youtube video by someone with an agenda and no real expertise.

What irritates me the most about videos like this is all the people in the comments praising him for all the "great information" he's providing that have little to no knowledge of what any of that information means. No matter what's under the hood, the Axe III is the most powerful and versatile guitar processor on the market at a price point that is competitive with all the other big modelers. It's the same kind of dumb mentality we all the time, especially in politics. When people say the did "research" by watching a poorly conceived youtube video by someone with an agenda and no real expertise.

Yes but please resist the temptation to comment on the video on YouTube itself. It will only give the guy more clicks.

Yes but please resist the temptation to comment on the video on YouTube itself. It will only give the guy more clicks.
Yeah, that would just elicit another uniformed response from him anyway. I'm not in the habit of arguing with people with agendas online. You will never win.

Reactions: yek
So my conclusion is that this is a bitter decision from a person who MUST attack FAS regardless of the consequences.

Thank you all for your inputs.

BTW in 2014 I purchased the Axe-Fx II XL and have been happy ever since. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom