What's up with Lava Cable? Weird shennanigans it appears...

svl

Power User
Was going to order some extra wireless cables, but in the last few weeks got some weird emails from the company. First up was an email from someone named Michelle Stoddard (assuming it's Mark's wife) and John Davis saying that ownership of the company had changed. Then today I get an email from Mark saying he is once again the owner and that "his family issues have been settled", and that "changes have been made to the Lava team".

Makes it a little scary to send my money when these kind of "personal issues" become incredibly public (official company emails being sent) and intertwine with a business like this.

And suddenly, maybe without intention, personal (family) problems became very public, very quickly.

I own some Lava Cables. They're just fine and have held up well. I like that he's a vet (PTSD possibly?), that they're a USA company, and that they employ people in their own shop. Then again, they're cables.

And suddenly, maybe without intention, personal (family) problems became very public, very quickly.

I own some Lava Cables. They're just fine and have held up well. I like that he's a vet (PTSD possibly?), that they're a USA company, and that they employ people in their own shop. Then again, they're cables.

I own a bunch also. Didn't even know he was a Vet. I like your reasons for liking the company...I am. Curious why you mention PTSD? Is their a story somewhere? Not doubting you, just a subject I have, well, an interest in for personal reasons...........

The string of emails was really odd, as the OP noted. I know some vets who have struggled with various issues once discharged. I certainly hope that's not the case. Maybe just some not uncommon domestic problems. (A family business is not easy to maintain.) Who knows, could just have been a health scare, for all we know.

I own a bunch also. Didn't even know he was a Vet. I like your reasons for liking the company...I am. Curious why you mention PTSD? Is their a story somewhere? Not doubting you, just a subject I have, well, an interest in for personal reasons...........

The string of emails was really odd, as the OP noted. I know some vets who have struggled with various issues once discharged. I certainly hope that's not the case. Maybe just some not uncommon domestic problems. (A family business is not easy to maintain.) Who knows, could just have been a health scare, for all we know.

OK Thanks...............

I am a huge supporter of our Vet's, but dealing with Mark @ Lava cables is ok if everything goes well but if you have a problem, you might run in to the same crap I did. He's unstable, a liar, his cables are not built any better than any other cable I have purchased. I would avoid his business at all cost. You have been warned.

Last edited:
I have heard of others experiencing difficulty getting the company to honor their warranty. That was a while ago, and I've been fortunate to never need it.

hmm, maybe let's stop any judgment or labeling of people and stick to facts about the orders or the product - that usually speaks for itself.

it's really tough to run a business, and sometimes when it's do or die, tough and questionable decisions are made. i've never dealt with this company, and i have no desire to look into what's going on. if trouble is happening, it's good for consumers to know a la caveat emptor. but let's leave it at that please :)

Back
Top Bottom