Experienced
Hi all,
anyone knows what PU this one is? It's the bridge PU and the output is 16.0K

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1624.JPG
    IMG_1624.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 66
My first guess would be a Dimarzio Super Distortion because of the hex pole pieces but their output is usually in the 14k range. What brand of guitar is it in?

The Super 3 has pole pieces like that too, I'm not sure about the 2. It's most likely the DSD though ;).

dp104bk.jpg

Edit: Ope, it does, The Super 2:
dp104bk.jpg

http://www.dimarzio.com/node/2114
http://www.dimarzio.com/node/2118
http://www.dimarzio.com/node/2138

I think the first pic is a misprint, I had the Super 3 and it looked like this:
dp152fbk.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like DiMarzio because of the two inspection holes per bobbin (just about everyone else has three) and the pointy mounting tabs.

My guess is a Breed bridge, due to the polepiece type/color and the fact that the baseplate appears to be black.

It looks like the SD Invader based upon the hex pole pieces.

I used to have a set. Really great pickups.

Ok, mine was early 80s vintage and I could have sworn looked like that photo. I don't have the guitar anymore, so I can't check.

The first guitar I built was in high school junior year 1983 and I put an Invader in it, it looked like this Doc:
images

Only difference is they didn't stamp their logo on them back then.

My first guess would be a Dimarzio Super Distortion because of the hex pole pieces but their output is usually in the 14k range. What brand of guitar is it in?

I have this PU in my HP Special. I know they're not the original as the buyer told me so but couldn't remember what PU they were?!? Go figure.

Looks like DiMarzio because of the two inspection holes per bobbin (just about everyone else has three) and the pointy mounting tabs.

My guess is a Breed bridge, due to the polepiece type/color and the fact that the baseplate appears to be black.

Thanks for chiming in, mate.

Could be a schaller as well. old kramers had them in it.

Funny you say that. I'm actually trying to replace the PU from my Kramer Pacer Custom II which apparently was fitted with a Schaller PU. Unfortunately it sounds very thin/brittle to me. Can't get myself to like it.

Funny you say that. I'm actually trying to replace the PU from my Kramer Pacer Custom II which apparently was fitted with a Schaller PU. Unfortunately it sounds very thin/brittle to me. Can't get myself to like it.

I have one in my old old bird beak kramer pacer, i found one on ebay NOS, and it sounds amazing. Interesting..

The first guitar I built was in high school junior year 1983 and I put an Invader in it, it looked like this Doc:
images

Only difference is they didn't stamp their logo on them back then.

I concur. The pup shown in the OP isn't an Invader. I've got one I bought in about 1981-82, and the Invader definitely has the large domed pole pieces. Sweet pickup, though.

You seems pretty sure, nice!. When you say 'a set' do you mean the same PU for the bridge and neck?
Yeah, I was mistaken based on the pics posted later.

The guitar I had both the neck and bridge version. Invaders are glorious metal pickups with full volume and backed off of the volume are good for rock and fusion.

Back
Top Bottom