What's the worst thing about the Axe-Fx III? (kidding)

For me, the worst thing about the Axe 3 is that I only have one, and I'm forced to use my lowly Axe 2 XL+ as my backup rig. Life is rough!
Dude this was supposed to be a joke thread.... now I just feel bumbed

For you HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA point and laugh 🤭 jk I’m kidding bro

Had to make a joke outta that sad post
And I gotcha again
I gotcha again
Lol

I've had my Axefxlll since December and got my fc12 a month or so ago, and I haven't even turned it on. I have a Axefxll I use for shows when I can make them. Depression sucks , my wife has had 2 strokes in the last 2 years and now I take care of her 24/7

That's horrible. I'm so sorry. Wishing her a full recovery.

Analysis Paralysis. I'm still using IR's from Cab Pack 7 because they sound awesome to me. I've been wanting to try some new ones out for a few years, but I don't want to dive down the rabbit hole again. All of the new options are amazing, and it is such an in depth piece of tech, I've yet to really dive into half the unit, and I've had mine for over a year.

The worst thing about that AXE III is all the Amps and features.... The BEST thing about that AXE III is all the Amps and features ;)

another...
The Worst is I don't sound like Leon Todd when I play through mine :mad:

Honestly, really only it's bulk and lack of get-up-and-go portability (of course I know why it is big).

I'm living a bit transiently right now (by choice) after being laid off a few years ago -- sometimes living out of my SUV or staying with friends etc. I've played it multiple times in my car using a cigarette lighter converter out on the road or in national forests (which is fun!). But it takes up a bit of storage space and isn't easy to simply grab (with my little practice amp) and set up every place I stay.

The FM3 will rectify that to a degree (albeit with fewer features).

Probably the only real downside is that I spend time messing with it when I should be playing. With my old amp, I'd mostly walk over, turn it on, and play. Now, I get the itch to check out new presets, maybe buy a pack of them, catch up on software updates, try out new features, etc. While I'm glad to have the functionality, my time was better focused before.

Last weekend, I borrowed a THR10X from a friend of mine. I had it in the living room all weekend, and had a blast playing. I might have twisted a knob or two every so often, but it was kind of nice just having something to turn on and play. Sounded pretty good for a tiny speakered lunchbox.

I have had to make a concentrated effort to “just play” without tweaking, and I have a blast when I do just that!

Comparing it with the competitors, it is the best thing in this world. A dream come true. But if you compare it with older Fractal Audio products, it has the drawback that you cannot export a preset as bundle (one single file containing the preset+ CABs)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom