What's the worst thing about the Axe-Fx III? (kidding)

Yeah it has a way of warping time doesn't it? You start playing and then later you wonder where the last 4 hours went because you were lost in the sound and the feeling. 😁

Probably the only real downside is that I spend time messing with it when I should be playing. With my old amp, I'd mostly walk over, turn it on, and play. Now, I get the itch to check out new presets, maybe buy a pack of them, catch up on software updates, try out new features, etc. While I'm glad to have the functionality, my time was better focused before.

Last weekend, I borrowed a THR10X from a friend of mine. I had it in the living room all weekend, and had a blast playing. I might have twisted a knob or two every so often, but it was kind of nice just having something to turn on and play. Sounded pretty good for a tiny speakered lunchbox.

..that it doesn’t come in pill form. My blood pressure drops about twenty points after an hour or two of relaxing and playing.

I've had my Axefxlll since December and got my fc12 a month or so ago, and I haven't even turned it on. I have a Axefxll I use for shows when I can make them. Depression sucks , my wife has had 2 strokes in the last 2 years and now I take care of her 24/7

Having awesome sounds and getting compliments from soundguys and bands isn't stopping us from tweaking on and on, right?

I've had my Axefxlll since December and got my fc12 a month or so ago, and I haven't even turned it on. I have a Axefxll I use for shows when I can make them. Depression sucks , my wife has had 2 strokes in the last 2 years and now I take care of her 24/7

Man, So sorry to hear that. Praying for your wife and your situation. Peace and strength be with you.

that I don't want to fire up the studio anymore unless there's a firmware update.
Thanks
Pauly

My objection is warm beer (and cold coffee). I come in with a fresh drink, and forget about it - sometimes for hours! I can't stop playing.

Also - haven't seen the girlfriend in a while. Hope I still have one!

The worst thing about the axe fx III is that I don't have one! Not enough pennies in the jar. I wish there was a european sale...

Back
Top Bottom