Whats the trick to get control MIDI assignments to stick

Chris Hurley

Power User
On several occasions, I've gone into the axe-fx control menu and assigned MIDI controllers to various blocks, verified that they worked but found them reset back to some other value the next time I powered on the axe-fx. I looked in the manual and don't see any mention of an explicit "save" operation for this, nor have I been able to stumble across it.

If anyone can share with me the trick to getting the Axe-II to remember your MIDI control assignments for things like "amp 1 x/y" and "delay 1 bypass" (etc), I'd certainly appreciate it.

-Chris

Chris,
If I understand you correctly you are using the "control" button on the front panel of the AFII. If so, this applies to the current preset only and you would have to save the preset for your modifiers to stay.
To globally assign a CC# to say, amp 1 X/Y, you would find that in the I/O menu under the CTRL tab.
Hope this helps.
Eric

Sorry- I/O Menu and Control tab is where I'm setting it. It doesn't seem to remember the settings reliably. Is there a mechanism necessary to save those changes?

hmmm... It seems to save some changes sometimes because a few of my buttons were saved but others which I definitely assigned on the IO->ctrl section (because I played with them for a while) are back to their defaults.

!?

Last edited:
Sorry- I/O Menu and Control tab is where I'm setting it. It doesn't seem to remember the settings reliably. Is there a mechanism necessary to save those changes?

hmmm... It seems to save some changes sometimes because a few of my buttons were saved but others which I definitely assigned on the IO->ctrl section (because I played with them for a while) are back to their defaults.

!?

No, it should save them immediately. If you reset system parameters they will go back to default.

Back
Top Bottom