What's the difference between purple and green cabs?

I've learned that using the search function yields quick results. Found this less than 1 minute after typing "green" in the search window:

Page 67 in the manual:

"Cab Picker – With the cab number field selected, press ENTER to show the Cab Picker. This lists all IRs in the current bank and makes it easy to scroll through the list to find what you are looking for. UltraRes IRs are shown in violet. Non-UltraRes IRs are shown in green."

I've learned that using the search function yields quick results. Found this less than 1 minute after typing "green" in the search window:

Page 67 in the manual:

"Cab Picker – With the cab number field selected, press ENTER to show the Cab Picker. This lists all IRs in the current bank and makes it easy to scroll through the list to find what you are looking for. UltraRes IRs are shown in violet. Non-UltraRes IRs are shown in green."

Hello!
What is the difference?
So far I didn't dare to ask?
Maybe I'm very stupid.
Thanks for the reply!

I'm an electro technician.
I've built several versions of Marshall, the Fender amplifiers.
I am improving the guitar amplifiers.
I understand the operation of amplifiers.
I read the "Wikin" description of Fractal Ax-FX.
I feel totally stupid.
I never thought I should be an atomic physicist to understand the full functioning of AXE-FX III!

A background in Extraterrestrial Physics is a plus as well.;)
I find the AXE FX III to be very easy to operate if it is not over thought. Granted there are many technical features, but I tend to work with the default of those, until I understand them better. Most important to me is the choice of Amp/Cab combination I start with. I tend to lean towards the higher res cabs.

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but this conversation seemed like it could be the best place for my question. I'm noticing that my cabs are switching back and forth between green and purple with some regularity. I will import cabs and they will be purple for awhile, and then later, they will be green. Also, oddly enough, I imported a cab pack (a York Audio set of Matchless IR's) a week ago, and I noticed today that one of the cabs mysteriously went missing. When I reimported it, it was purple, but all of the other cabs in the pack were now green. Is this a bug, or is there possibly something under the hood that I'm not understanding?

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but this conversation seemed like it could be the best place for my question. I'm noticing that my cabs are switching back and forth between green and purple with some regularity. I will import cabs and they will be purple for awhile, and then later, they will be green. Also, oddly enough, I imported a cab pack (a York Audio set of Matchless IR's) a week ago, and I noticed today that one of the cabs mysteriously went missing. When I reimported it, it was purple, but all of the other cabs in the pack were now green. Is this a bug, or is there possibly something under the hood that I'm not understanding?
This seems to be a long-standing issue... Not sure why it's never been addressed but has been reported a number of times and for a long time.

It may even date back to Axe-Edit 3 (for Axe Fx II).

Back
Top Bottom