What's the difference between LF+JR+ green screen & blue screen versions?

Steveche

I'm not really sure about this, and can't seem to find accurate information online... I did see Jeff's youtube video showing the blue screen versions with the quiet button technology. Other than that, is there really any differences between the two? I'm guessing the green screen ones are older versions? Are the ones with green screens able to update to the same firmware / editor as the blue screen versions? I'm new to MIDI - I need to get a controller for my Axe Fx II. I have the opportunity to get a used LF+JR+ (green LCD screen) for $500USD (shipping included) - $600CAD for me (from Canada), and was wondering if it's worth it. I'm not sure how it compares to the blue screen models.. or should I wait for the x-series to come out? I can't really afford to spend more on a MIDI controller.

I also noticed this for sale, used $500USD as well: $_12.jpg

It has the blue screen, but why does it look different compared to all the others I've seen on the internet? Originally looked like a better deal than the green LCD version that I can get, but a little hesitant because I've never seen them look like this (referring to the logo / writing / text on the device).

Good deal? Wait for X-series release? No one knows what the pricing will be like for X-series, but if it's a lot more than $600CAD ($500USD) with shipping and all that to Canada, then I can't really afford to spend that much. I just got a Rocktron Midi Mate today for the time being, but don't think it'll do me justice and will probably keep as a backup.

Thanks!

edit: This is the green LCD version that I have the opportunity to get: $_57.jpg

Last edited:
The blue screen JR+ in your top pic is a never "G2" revision, while the lower pic is of a "G1" version.

The only functional difference between the two units is to do with using the expander port. A G2 device can only connect to another G2 device. Similarly, a G1 device can only use another G1 devise for expansion.

Other than that, they behave exactly the same. I prefer the graphics on the G2 version!

Back
Top Bottom