What's new for 2015?

Boogie291

Axe Fx III? I have Ultra and I am ready for an upgrade since October but I am waiting for 2015 the Axe Fx III might be released. When I bought my Ultra after three months Axe Fx II was released I don't want that to happen again.

Well by that logic, surest way to get the Axe III released "soon" would be for you to go ahead and buy the Axe FX II......

Nope I will not gamble! I will wait for the new release Axe Fx unless Fractal will announce that it will stay on Axe Fx II.

In a recent thread about the future of AXE III and more processing power, Cliff said this:

"The Axe-Fx III will have more DSP power. That's a long ways off. For now you'll have to live with limitations of the current versions which are still vastly more powerful than any competing product."

In reading "a long ways off", I'd say you should just go ahead and grab an XL. For one thing, it's plenty awesome. Later on, you can sell it and get most if not all of your money back out of it. Otherwise you could be in for a long wait...

When last year ended we were on firmware 9. In a year there have been 8 major firmware releases and countless other smaller ones. We also have an incredibly stable AxeEdit (remember the discussions last year) that we don't even think about any more. What other company does this?

Thanks Cliff and team. Best wishes for the new year and appreciate all you do.

Happy New Year Guys!

MM

Threads like this are funny, but I suppose if you're not on the board a lot and haven't seen the stance that FAS has taken on this subject then I can understand. With the history of FAS I would not let something like this keep me from buying if it's really what I wanted or needed. As to new for 2015 I would hope to see some of the other products that FAS has hinted to that they are already working on.

That's always a tough one, when to buy. The bottom line is that there's always going to be something new coming out that makes your purchase not the newest, but you'll drive yourself crazy trying to stay on the latest and greatest. That being said I think most people out here would agree that as Axe FX II / XL users we've been at the latest and greatest for a long time, thanks to all of the Firmware updates. Also, you kind of have to look at what you have and realize the Axe FX is going to give you every amp you can imagine, so although there might be improvements down the road, I could see being thrilled with my little black box for years regardless as to what is 'the latest and greatest'....or maybe just the latest.

Guys why are taking this a big deal? I am just telling my experience when I bought the Ultra, for me with limited budget I am very careful this time. I don't want to be left behind again with no more upgrades, 2.5K is hard for me to produce.

For me personally it has always been the ditch between being a play- or a gear-freak.
Giving 50% + to playing and the rest gassing.
The worlds best players got ahead with less and wanted more along with fame.

Well then you'll have at least another year and a half to two years to save up for it, cause it's not coming "soon", to use the nauseating overused phrase.

Do you know what I hope it's new for 2015? No more daily threads wanting to know when the III will come out and no more griping about not being able to use XL presets on the "regular" old II.

Just keep on salivating for a new one for now. I am just crossing my finger that my Ultra will not break down.

as long as you are taking care of it it should last you for quite a while. I have been watching the Ultra prices and they haven't really changed that much from when I sold mine 2 years ago that should tell you something. So in reality you really only need to come up with the difference of what you sell your Ultra for if that's your plan.

Back
Top Bottom