What's inspired you from the FX8?

Budda

Axe-Master
We bought the FX8 because we felt we didn't need the amp modelling and higher capacity of the AX8 and rack gear.

What's something in the FX8 that has given you that "Aha!" moment to create something new or finally nail crafting a "it's in my head" part?

So far for me, the diffusion parameter in both reverb and delay have been very helpful in creating a big atmospheric sound. In the reverb, it really helped me get into EQD Afterneath territory, which was a hard pedal to replace. With the delay, Simeon has a free delay pack that has a great base to work from. I'm not sure if I did much tweaking but turning up the diffusion to let repeats dissolve together really opens some doors for spacey ideas. That's something I want to play with now that we don't have shows coming up.

What's inspired you?

While the FX8 can be annoyingly deep, I think the depth of editing really is a game changer. In particular, I love the rich internal EQ available on all the drives. The ability to try different clipping options. Even something as small as being able to create a custom expression pedal curve is huge.

Last edited:
That has literally nothing to do with what I said.
May not be what you were looking for but if it's what inspires him, then he answered your question. If you're looking for particular effects or settings, maybe try rephrasing the question.

He's edited his post :)
Yep, I now see it was edited after your reply : /. A few months ago I started quoting no matter how trivial it seems because of the same thing. Keeps things in context, some conversations get very confusing once the editing starts.

Back
Top Bottom