whats going to be in 6.03?

One modification I would like to see in the delay block is a ratio parameter for the ping pong mode, like in the digital stereo mode. Boss multifx has that, and it's impossible to have the same effect in the Axe delay block, because of the way the various feedback parameters interact. Or maybe it's possible but I couldn't figure how, lol. Cliff, please ? :)

One modification I would like to see in the delay block is a ratio parameter for the ping pong mode, like in the digital stereo mode. Boss multifx has that, and it's impossible to have the same effect in the Axe delay block, because of the way the various feedback parameters interact. Or maybe it's possible but I couldn't figure how, lol. Cliff, please ? :)

You'll have to explain to me what the ratio parameter does. I'm assuming it sets the relative time of the right delay. So if the ratio is 50% then the echoes are equal in time and go ping....pong....ping....pong. If the ratio is 25% then it goes ping..pong......ping..pong...... (where each period represents some fixed time interval). Yes?

As always, looking forward to any updates even though I'm perfectly happy with the Axe-Fx II as is. However, a Fender Prosonic model would be really cool! Also, a Hughes & Kettner TriAxis MkII.
Thanks Cliff and company!

You'll have to explain to me what the ratio parameter does. I'm assuming it sets the relative time of the right delay. So if the ratio is 50% then the echoes are equal in time and go ping....pong....ping....pong. If the ratio is 25% then it goes ping..pong......ping..pong...... (where each period represents some fixed time interval). Yes?
absolutely Cliff, that's it :)

I am rewriting the reverb. I already have much of it done. The room stuff in the cab block is going away and will be part of the reverb block. The reverb block now has two distinct parts: early and late. The early part allows you to choose different shapes and craft highly realistic (or very artificial, if desired) early reflections. The late reverb has been improved with three bands of decay.

The tape delay algorithm will be extended to the chorus and flanger blocks.

Of course there will be new amp and drive models as well as other improvements.

Awesome... i use that cab room a LOT just to add some space/air/reflection to amp sounds/realism...

a zen drive would be amazing as would another marshall-style, higher gain drive (direct drive, crunch box, etc...)

I can get close to my old Zen drive with what is there in AXE II now, but it would be cool to have it, along with a Klon Centaur too.

One thing i love about the AXE is the boutique pedals, not just the pedestrian classics. Here's the EFFECTS BLOCK I use for Zen drive (not a preset) similar to R Ford, paired up with the ODS-100 sound

Attachments

• ZenDrive!RobFordSetX.syx
    1.6 KB · Views: 32
i'll be happy either way, but having that room parameter in the cab block is really nice and can save on CPU usage. just a nice quick way to give some space to the sound without a full-on reverb.

:lol:lol coming from cliff, that's as non-tech as you're ever gonna get!

I'm excited for the shift of room stuff from the cab block to the reverb block. I play thru real cabs so it's nice to know ill be able to benefit from those parameters now

Dual delay mode can do this if you send it a signal panned to one side. Set feedback L>L and R>R to 0%, L>R and R>L to the feedback value you want, or 100% then use master feedback. (Different values will allow stepped decay patterns not possible in ping-pong mode.) Instead of one time plus a ratio you just have to choose the 2 times/rhythms directly.

Back
Top Bottom