whats going to be in 6.03?

"The tape delay algorithm will be extended to the chorus and flanger blocks"

i'm intrigued by this. this is good. i like to be intrigued. especially by intriguing things.

anybody on the beta team seen/heard this yet? what does it mean? will i like it?

+1 ! Yeah I'd really like to hear some comments on this from the beta team too ! ....sounds awesome !

I am rewriting the reverb. I already have much of it done. The room stuff in the cab block is going away and will be part of the reverb block. The reverb block now has two distinct parts: early and late. The early part allows you to choose different shapes and craft highly realistic (or very artificial, if desired) early reflections. The late reverb has been improved with three bands of decay.

The tape delay algorithm will be extended to the chorus and flanger blocks.

Of course there will be new amp and drive models as well as other improvements.

Fantastic! May I also request that it runs in true stereo, and separate control over the length of verb in different frequencies would be super awesome!! :p

I am rewriting the reverb. I already have much of it done. The room stuff in the cab block is going away and will be part of the reverb block. The reverb block now has two distinct parts: early and late. The early part allows you to choose different shapes and craft highly realistic (or very artificial, if desired) early reflections. The late reverb has been improved with three bands of decay.

The tape delay algorithm will be extended to the chorus and flanger blocks.

Of course there will be new amp and drive models as well as other improvements.

effects updates are what I'm all about! I use a handful of amps but more effects than anything else! :)

FractalAudio has redefined any holidays worth celebrating, imo.

vAmp said:
- Keeping it in two places takes too much CPU, I'd guess.
- Why wouldn't he like it in the new version?
- Cliff spoke of wanting to do this long time ago.
- Hardly anyone seems to use it in the cab block, at least much less than anticipated by Cliff, is my feeling.
- Wouldn't it be more logical to keep things seperate? If you put room on the cab, you are going into the next blocks with room reverb on, while you may generally want to add that later on maybe?
- If you want to help code it in assembler, you may have a chance ;)

I'm ok with it moving, I just don't want to lose the exact room effect I'm getting now - so as long as I can dial it in with somehow in v7.0, all will be well.

HomerDroolingAM.jpg

We're getting dedicated VH Reverb, Delay, Phaser & Flanger Blocks personally tweaked by Eddie, Ted Templeman & Donn Landee.
These blocks will each have the exact settings for every song from VH1 thru 1984!!

:D:shock:eek:. This made me chuckle. Man, if only this was true... The Brown Sound rules! We can already get pretty damn close with the AxeII. The 5150 III amp models are incredible. Damn, Cliff and Co, this AxeII is just amazing.

Actually, if it wasn't for EVH promoting his own amps, etc, I'd expect him to be on the FAS bandwagon as much of a "tone chaser" as he was / is. I guess he's still too much of a tube & "analogue" guy. It's amazing all the crazy tweaks he did to his amps, cabs, pedals and of course guitars chasing the Brown Sound back in the day.

Also, +1 on the Rockman model. I think I have one laying around here somewhere, if my wife didn't toss it during a garage sale (don't get me started). I'd be happy to loan it to FAS to model, if interested.

+1 on the Suhr Badger, and it would be great to have another Cornford model (or channel).

Enhancements for piezo equipped electric guitar sounds (reduce CPU load when using two inputs). If I split the signal in two (Y trs cable), and leave one row for acoustic sounds and one for electrics, CPU increases to the max.

It is my understanding, and maybe someone from FAS can correct me here if I am wrong, but with respect to development and programming Cliff mainly concentrates on the firmware and modeling upgrades and others on the staff are responsible for the Axe-Edit upgrades and bug resolution. I also remember him saying he was in the process or had just hired a new developer to assist in the Axe-Edit arena. So in other words, the development on firmware 7.0 really doens't directly impact Axe-Edit fixes.
Yes this is true.
Cliff stated in another thread that he has already hired an engineer specifically to fix up Axe Edit.
Thanks again Cliff !
So , working on firmware 7.0 will be independent of Axe Edit, so we get the best of both worlds.
Very exciting !

Whenever it comes. I´m extremly happy with what i´ve got. Still VERY cool that we get more&better in the same product. For FREE! :D

Back
Top Bottom