What's connected in front of your Axe-Fx III?

Also, any active guitar.
Most of my guitars I use (for playing Live at least) have active circuits. But Live i'm also using a wireless in that scenario too, so the signal is being buffered anyway. In a Live setting, this is neither here nor there, in other words, as far as any noticeable difference goes, well you can "keep the change".
At home however, i'm mainly using guitars with passive pickups, a plain old cable, straight into the front, easy as you like.

Nada. I have finally reached the place where the AXE does it all for me, and I really don't need or want any extra pieces of gear in my signal chain. (Raising my glass to the new VC and pitch block!)

It's great. No extra noise, patch cables, batteries, weight or size - and I still have every bit of function I ever wanted.
I am wireless, so it's just me and my guitar with a transmitter - free to roam. On the XL, I had my wireless routed to the front, but on the III I now have it wired to the rear so my setup is ultimately clean.

The FreqOut is now the only thing I might ever want to put in a loop, but I have found a couple of virtual feedback generators for the AXE that do a pretty nice job, so I'm good.

Countryman Type 85 -> Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 -> AxeFX 3 SPDIF In

No need for anything else, my III is used strictly for my recording desk

Back
Top Bottom