What's connected in front of your Axe-Fx III?

What is the ramification of this?

Everything before the preamp somehow gets baked in your sound. Gain multiplies a signal, so little changes can have big impact when you crank the gain.
When you plan to use outboard stomp effects on stage you should have them connected also when you tweak your presets.

Guitar
Evidence Audio guitar cable

zvex Fat Fuzz Factory
Fulltone Octafuzz
Death by Audio Fuzz War
Fulltone Clyde wah
JAM Pedals Fuzz Phrase
MXR La Machine
JHS Bonsai

Guitar cable
Axe FX III

I'm seriously thinking about dropping some of these. I bought the Bonsai to see how good the Axe III version of TS holds against it.

The digitech then is the first piece of gear instead of the Axe-Fx. The first piece is always critical and has some influence. It might be very little, yes, but it is most probably audible. AFAIK the digitech has an analogue path for the dry signal, so you get no latency, but it at least changes your signal from high impedance to low impedance before hitting the axe-fx.
Hm, your right, the 11r....good call, what was that , “True-Z”??? Still, no comparison between the units dudes lol

An RJM Effects Gizmo with 8 loops of pedals that run into the front of the AXE (the other 4 loops are run post after the Amp block in via fx Loop)
-the 8 pedals in front are things like a Fuzz Factory, Electric Mistress, Synth Pedal so on and so forth

I have a three foot Mogami Platinum Cable from the guitar to a Digitech Drop Pedal; the drop pedal is connected to a Peterson StroboPLUS HD Tuner with a 1 foot Mogami Platinum Cable, and from the tuner to the front of the Axe FX III with a 1 foot Mogami Platinum Cable.

I don't notice any tone suck or latency.
Help me understand. You have a three-foot cable running from your guitar to a floor pedal, a 1-foot cable to your floor tuner, and another 1-foot cable to your Axe-Fx, which must also be on the floor. I’m guessing you don’t move around very much. :)

Seems like a few people using the drop out front. I run mine between input/ output 4 so I can control from fc12 (mixer block selects input for the grid, input 1 is copied to output 4)

It also let's me keep it always plugged in behind the axe rack and works for both rear (wireless) and front input 1.
Added benefit of being out of the chain when not in use.

Help me understand. You have a three-foot cable running from your guitar to a floor pedal, a 1-foot cable to your floor tuner, and another 1-foot cable to your Axe-Fx, which must also be on the floor. I’m guessing you don’t move around very much. :)

I sit at a desk and play my guitars, the 3 foot cable goes to the drop pedal which sits on the desk, but I may start using a six foot cable to give me some wiggle room.

I sit at a desk and play my guitars, the 3 foot cable goes to the drop pedal which sits on the desk, but I may start using a six foot cable to give me some wiggle room.
Ah, I get it. But yeah, do consider the 6' cable. As it is now, an abrupt movement could bring the whole shebang crashing to the floor. 😶

Last edited:
I had the exact same thought;)

OK, I found a six foot mogami platinum to use. I love these cables. I can hear a big difference with them. Now other cables sound dull and lifeless.

usually direct to front with a cable, sometimes and very occasionally; a ds-1 or my diy drive pedals (for experimental purpose) I am still on a learning curve of drives of FAS.

Back
Top Bottom