What's a good distort pedal for a Fender Deluxe?

jjdpro

Inspired
Hi.. Is there a distort/overdrive pedal that works with any other Fractal clean amp models. Basically, my main amp model is a Fender Deluxe. But, I am struggling to find a pedal, that I can just kick on and get some sweet distortion/drive going. Like I can do with a real fender and a pedal..

Thanks

For light overdrive on a Deluxe I dig the Shimmer drive. For more meat the Tone of Kings or a Timothy. Also can't go wrong with the 808 -- just classic with that mid-hump cut.

I didn’t realize I was posting in an AX8 thread. On the AX8 I like the Ruckus, the Blues OD (tone control set very low), and Leon Todd’s ‘workhorse’ as a boost.

I didn’t realize I was posting in an AX8 thread. On the AX8 I like the Ruckus, the Blues OD (tone control set very low), and Leon Todd’s ‘workhorse’ as a boost.
Derp. I totally missed this was AX8 as well! Oh well. My recommendations should fuel some GAS for an FM3!

Derp. I totally missed this was AX8 as well! Oh well. My recommendations should fuel some GAS for an FM3!
Lol! 😊 I'm waiting on the new floor unit. Until then, I'm still rocking with my AX8 ..And, I added the Friedman BE-ODdeluxe..

I don´t have a good advice. Can´t get a good sound from any of the drives. I don´t think they behave or sound like the real pedals. They don´t blend the way the real pedals do with the amps. Especially how they behave on the lower notes. Very, very flubby.
And I know i will get answers to try this and that. But I have. I have tried it all. And also either have or have had the real pedals. Sorry, just don´t think they sound good.

I don´t have a good advice. Can´t get a good sound from any of the drives. I don´t think they behave or sound like the real pedals. They don´t blend the way the real pedals do with the amps. Especially how they behave on the lower notes. Very, very flubby.
And I know i will get answers to try this and that. But I have. I have tried it all. And also either have or have had the real pedals. Sorry, just don´t think they sound good.

Yes. That's been my dilemma. I don't think Fractal modeled the ODs and Distortion boxes to run on a clean amp. Rather, to kick an already mild to hot amp into overdrive. Which is not my choice. That's why I use a Friedman BD-Deluxe pedal with the AX8. Just until I get use to kicking in a cool Friedman, etc amp for drive rhythms and leads

Drives on the AX8 were very good and accurately represented the frequency response and distortion characteristics to the extent possible at the time. You also have a lot of tools to sculpt the tone you want. Drives on the FM3 and Axe-Fx III are VERY much improved, however. A whole new ballgame.

Drives on the AX8 were very good and accurately represented the frequency response and distortion characteristics to the extent possible at the time. You also have a lot of tools to sculpt the tone you want. Drives on the FM3 and Axe-Fx III are VERY much improved, however. A whole new ballgame.

So, the newer units (FM3/Ax-FXIII have stomp OD's and Disto pedal models that work well in front of a pristine clean amp (model)? Meaning, turn on a pedal (on pristine clean amp model), boom.. beautiful singing lead OD/Distortion.. ? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom