What you top 5 fav Amps in the Box at the moment ?

Randalljax

Axe-Master
and did firmware 10 change that ?

I am mainly a modern rock guy Shinedown , Skillet ,Saint Asonia so I gravitate to the Dzls Rectos etc .

I have to say w firmware 10 I have gone to amps I seldom use and I am loving them

The Plexis ,JSM, 800 all sound freaking incredible in this update , all the Marshalls actually

Also the Morgan AC and the /13 and of course the Deluxe Reverb .

it interesting was not a big Plexi guy but I have been stuck on them for a week

I'm pretty sure the new firmware will cause me to discover some previously "neglected" amps, but at the moment my list is:

Nuclear Tone
AC-20 EF86 Treble
Deluxe Verb Normal
Carol Ann Triptik Modern
USA JP IIC+ Yellow

I'm pretty sure the new firmware will cause me to discover some previously "neglected" amps, but at the moment my list is:

Nuclear Tone
AC-20 EF86 Treble
Deluxe Verb Normal
Carol Ann Triptik Modern
USA JP IIC+ Yellow
JP2C Yellow and Red (freaking amazing)

Triaxis LD2 Yellow (different character - feels more spongy - also amazing)

USA Clean (like glass)

Atomica High (does many things exceptionally well, even at stock settings as LT says)

Cornford 50

Wreckers (Burgs’ recent preset is joyful)

Silver Jubilee

Whoops...that is seven. There are too many to list!

I have had a lot of great amps over the past 30+ years.... Mesa's, fender's, Marshall's, Bogners,
The Axe has taught me alot about how to dial in different amps.
Never knew about the tonestack before the preamp..... I had a Mesa MK IV and could never dial it in....... Had a Bogner Shiva I loved.. But since getting the axe 3 I find the shiva to be one of my last favorite amps.

My top 5 now are

JP 2C+ (Orange/Red)
5153 (Blue 100 & Red)
Double verb

Really interested to see everyone's responses.

I've been tinkering for the last couple weeks with setting up a four amp preset alongside @ccroyalsenders masterclass. I run everything through the same cab (factory2 777 and 779).

My favorites right now:

Fender clean: Vibrato Verb AA
I got turned onto the Double Verb until Cooper's class and like what it brings, but it can be a bit boomy and I fight the treble a bit, flipping between Normal and Vibrato channels and the bright switch. I was always a Deluxe Verb guy previously and like how that amp can do double duty of cleans and breakup tones, but the Vibrato Verb seems like a happy medium between the Twin and Deluxe and the high end is a little more consistent with the other amps in the 4ch setup.

Vox breakup: Class-A 30W
While I like the AC-20 12AX7 Bass better by itself, the Class-A 30W again seems to fit in better with the other amps. It's a bit warmer while the Morgan is a bit more scooped and modern. Both are nice plug and play amps though.

Marshall crunch: 1987X Treble
When I looked for a Plexi, I spun through the amps and strummed a chord to hear the balance. The 1987X Treble had the best balance and again more consistent tonality with the other amps. Otherwise I've been really digging the 50W Plexi Jump. I haven't gotten along with Plexis as well with the III as with other platforms but now I'm digging it.

Modern high gain: Atomica High
There's a lot of great high gain amps in the Axe but I tend to have to do a lot of shaping to love the sound. Often I find myself getting a high gain tone I really like then when it's up against a track it gets lost. So I turned to the Atomica which to my ears is a bit of a warmer amp at stock settings. Then I use the Cut, roll off a bit of bass, and add a bit of mids treble and gain. Others I like are the Friedmans (BE C45, HBE 2018), 5153 (50W Blue and 100W Blue), and the Marshall JS410 Crunch Orange.

Double Verb
AC20
Brit 800 #34
Friedman HBE
Wrecker Liverpool

covers everything from Beatles to Djent

Can’t pick five TBH, it’s just that good. Been messing with modded Marshalls in 80s metal vein a lot lately so: Quickrod, Cornford, FAS Hot Rod, Atomica are all in rotation there. And that is just one amp/music genre. :) That doesn’t even cover Classic Rock, clean or modern high gainers. ;)

Can’t pick five TBH, it’s just that good. Been messing with modded Marshalls in 80s metal vein a lot lately so: Quickrod, Cornford, FAS Hot Rod, Atomica are all in rotation there. And that is just one amp/music genre. :) That doesn’t even cover Classic Rock, clean or modern high gainers. ;)

Ok so give us the others :)
Classic Clean Modern
Maybe i should have made the thread by genre

IDK if this is part of the approved list but
Mesa Orange Modern Recto
Djentelmanly
Brootalz
Citrus/Orange
Fender double verb
*(SUS presets like the Mesa and USA are awesome but too specific to list)

I tried to come up with just 5....

Couldn't do it...really it comes down to whichever one I am playing, then the one before that...etc.,...

I am going to run out of preset spots soon...

Bludo Clean but driving the front end with the CC Boost & FET Pre
Wreck Express Bright
Ruby Rocket
Carol Ann OD2
*but that’s about as far as I’ve been able to get, I keep dialing in such beautiful tone I get stuck in a time warp like everyone else.
There’s still a lot to uncover.

The Morgan AC20 EF86 amps
The Carol Ann Tucana
The Ruby Rocket
Plexi 50W Jumped
The Matchless DC30 (someday...someday the EF86 channel will come...)

Dirty Shirley
AC-20 EF86 Bass
Deluxe Verb Vibrato

I need to explore more.. but those three are my favorites and what I use 99% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom