What would you do if your brand new custom shop had a teeny, tiny, little scratch

My custom shop looked like someone had beat it to hell when I bought it. I bought it used in mint condition of course.

No such thing as perfect, apart from in the mind of the beholder.

If you're going to play it, then a minuscule scratch probably isn't up there on the list of things to get upset about.

If you're thinking re-sale value, you can bet it'll be used as a bargaining chip/scratch.

Oh not at all about resale, you can always have a professional do a proper touch up to restore it, it was really just a hypothetical ethical question, and something that came to mind, but I wouldn’t send this back for anything, i do love it, thanks Admin M!

I've had quite the number of guitar builds where everything was going alright and then when final assembly came, oops, suddenly the screwdriver has a mind of your own. Or you learn a hard lesson as to why its better to hammer in tremelo studs inserts before you do your extensive paintjob, and not after. I have great respect for luthiers who manage to build and assemble their instrument without a blemish. I don't know how they do it. It's friggin' hard. Despite your best effort you will screw up at some point in time.
Dude, do you mind sharing like what luthiers, if not like publicly, or whatever, thats cool.....but a tiny blemish, it’ll appear within the first week if youre playing the instrument lol

its all good

I've had quite the number of guitar builds where everything was going alright and then when final assembly came, oops, suddenly the screwdriver has a mind of your own. Or you learn a hard lesson as to why its better to hammer in tremelo studs inserts before you do your extensive paintjob, and not after. I have great respect for luthiers who manage to build and assemble their instrument without a blemish. I don't know how they do it. It's friggin' hard. Despite your best effort you will screw up at some point in time.

I learned the hard way to when I was much younger and ambitious. The drill press is your friend. Hammers are for nails!

I learned the hard way to when I was much younger and ambitious. The drill press is your friend. Hammers are for nails!

D'OH!!! Of course, the drill press! How stupid of me. You just gave me a major tip, my friend, I am in your debt!

Back
Top Bottom