What would be a proper description of "right post delay"

I've been messing with the vintage digital delay. BPM=110, TEMPO=1/4 DOT (818ms), MASTER FEEDBACK=110% and MIX is 50% (if you were wondering). I'd like to know what the Right Post Delay does, and I mess with the knob but I'm not exactly sure what it does to the sound or how to explain. I'm hoping someone can help define it's purpose for me.

it just adds an extra bit of delay to the right side of the delay only. so if you have the main delay set to 300ms and turn the right side delay to 20ms, then the left side is 300ms and the right side is 320ms. try it and if you're monitoring in stereo, you will hear an apparent increase in width. longer settings will give you more of a slap back across the field type of vibe

it just adds an extra bit of delay to the right side of the delay only. so if you have the main delay set to 300ms and turn the right side delay to 20ms, then the left side is 300ms and the right side is 320ms. try it and if you're monitoring in stereo, you will hear an apparent increase in width. longer settings will give you more of a slap back across the field type of vibe
What is "width" in terms of what it is we're talking about?

a difference between the left and right channels, giving an impression of a wider stereo field. listen on headphones and you will immediately hear it. if you're monitoring in mono (just using the left output) you won't notice any difference.

If you’re hearing things in stereo, then I wouldnt worry. It’ll be in the I/o menu on the front panel somewhere (I own a II, not a III)

Back
Top Bottom