What Will You Do?

Texhex

Inspired
When the AX 8 Mk II starts shipping what will you do with your existing AX8? Keep, sell, use as backup?

I’m sure I’ll sell mine to help finance the new. Got a feeling there will be quite a few hitting the used market then ;)

So the 'II' (if there will ever be such a thing) is not even announced nor hinted at yet.

I hope I will have the financial means to buy the 'II' without selling my first unit. I might sell the first one, when I am sufficiently comfortable with the 'II'

Depends on how far down the line it is. I just got my AX8, so I'd probably keep it for at least a year (unless there's glaring issues that the new unit fixes), and at that point I'd definitely sell it to finance the new purchase.

I probably will not waste time worrying about hypothetical situations for fear that hasn’t been announced yet. Not worth the time and effort on soemthing that may not even come, or come totally different than I expected.

Might as well worry about if I’ll buy the Axe IV in 4 years too, and the Ax9 mkII, and the circa 2024 AX4 mkIII while I’m planning for a hypothetical future

I don't think they would put out a II right now track records already shows the the AX8 is so good that players were are selling their ax fx II and some have sold their ax fx III to go back the to AX8 a AX8II would cut into the ax fx III market

Keep the AX8. Check the specs on the AX8 V2

If the specs are enough of an improvement, consider purchasing the new AX8 V2.

In the mean time I'm plenty happy with the AX8 and 2XL+

I love this thing but give it more cpu and even higher resolution and it will be time to make room for the new.

I feel like I've barely realized how much my AX8 can do so far. Not sure if I'm ready to start dreaming about what the next incarnation may bring (which will ultimately be more CPU and potentially more AXEIII-like performance). If I want to go there now I can buy a II or a III. Given how great the AX8 updates have been to date, I'm finding it a stretch to act like I'm remotely disappointed or lacking when it comes to the AX8. All this said, if Fractal does come out with a new and improved AX8, they will likely have my undivided attention.

Good question, but ...More importantly, what are you gonna do when the largest arms in the world and Hulkamania run wild on you?

Depending on the price, get on the wait list and sell the AX8 when the v2 arrives. I don't think there'd be any reason to keep both for me.

When it happens I will buy to sell. I always upgrade when fractal releases a new unit. in the beginning the difference in sound won't be huge But I need to move my version 1 before the price bottoms out. I got min when they first came out and they are already a few hundred cheaper than they were back then. If Cliff does what he did when they iii came out and blow out the former unite the used market will be hurt real bad.

For the record the flip side of this is I have 0 issues with my Ax and love it, I could easily stay with it

By the time the Ax8 II starts shipping the Axe IV will be right around the corner so perhaps better to just wait on that one???..... assuming we are talking about hypothetical product releases

I would likely sell my Axe3
For a smaller less featured floor
If it has an amp block cab block
Scribble strip. And layout mode would

Keep jammin' with the AX8 I have now. Still haven't used it to full potential. Looking at adding one or two more expression pedals. Still lots to explore before moving on. It does what it was designed for.

Back
Top Bottom