What will you do when no more firmware updates?

What will you do if no more firmware updates on Mark I and Mark II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AtomicBlaze

Inspired
Mark I and Mark II users are kind of in no mans land if firmware updates stop what are your plans once it is no longer supported?

If there will be no more updates for Mk I , I don't think it will be "obsolete", simply it will not have the last firmware and last adjustement at the modeling code. I don't think this is a shocking gap. It can continue to offer great sounds and effects for a lot of time...then in the future, if I'll want to upgrade, I'll see what will be the best choice.

If there will be no more updates for Mk I , I don't think it will be "obsolete", simply it will not have the last firmware and last adjustement at the modeling code. I don't think this is a shocking gap. It can continue to offer great sounds and effects for a lot of time...then in the future, if I'll want to upgrade, I'll see what will be the best choice.
Funnily enough I never liked my Eventide Eclipse as much as my old h3000 or my2290

I'm gonna play my guitar for once. The latest firmware made everything basically perfect for me,specifically the Recto 2 and Drive changes, it's like the firmware was made with me in mind. I have the best guitar tone I've ever heard in my life.

I love updates, but truth be told, I'm obsessed with this forum and reading about all the firmware changes. I do the same thing with the Reaper forums oddly enough. I liked that the Ultra had a final firmware because I wasn't constantly on the forums wondering what was gonna happen next. As long as Axe-Edit stays bug free, I'm good.

In the past I've always waited for new hardware, then after the initial wait list period is over, buy the latest hardware, get my presets and IR's over to it, then re-sell the older model.

I don't have an AX8 yet, so I might consider going that route this time. If not, I'm waiting for a new model. Then do the upgrade.

Keep my mk1 continue on, until III comes out then think about that one. No way would I update to the II XL+ at this point, all it has is more memory for patches and rom. The processors are EOL and something will have to replace it.

tumblr_n218vvbOsu1so2h9go1_1280.jpg

I'll keep using my existing MkII until I determine it no longer meets my needs (unlikely), then upgrade to whatever the current latest model might be at the time.

I don't even use a fraction of what my MkII currently does. I could probably get by with an Ultra if I'm being honest. I'm not a tone chaser. I have a particular tone I use (which I've been able to dial in on just about every piece of gear I've ever owned), so a lot of the functionality of modelers is beyond my actual *needs*.

No longer doing the band scene, and even if I were it wouldn't be a cover band...so I don't really *need* to replicate anyone else's sound.

#firstWorldProblems

When updates for the Ultra ceased at v11 I ran it happily for several years. In fact it was a relief not to take updates in search of some new feature, with the corresponding need to adjust patches. Despite the amp modelling, and the studio quality effects, the greatest thing about the Axe FX is that I can pack up at the end of a gig without waiting for the valves to cool down.

I'm fine with my MKII, it sounds great as it is. Although to be honest, at this FW stage I miss a few more bass amps and a serious improvement of the pitch block. I will be considering the Axe FX III when the time comes but I won't hurry only for a few more vintage and collectors amps.

Back
Top Bottom