What will be Fractal's next product?

I bet it's a gaming console to compete with Sony and Nintendo. Okay, maybe not.

I actually like that idea! I doubt this will be it, especially as, last I heard, Cliff doesn't seem fond of the idea of developing plugins that could then be pirated, but studio gear modeled with the same detail as the amps in the Axe II would be really appealing to the same people who are already using the Axe-FX to make home studio in-the-box productions.

No plugins. Hardware.

What about a FAS rack amp like the matrix ?
Or speakers like the wedge (forgot the names now but y'all know which ones I mean) ?

Wouldn't that be logical, they already made THE "effects/Amps/ wonderbox", and an awesome floor board

well what do I know .. hehehe

It's a floorboard.....100% confirmed fact. This is also why the MFC-101 has been manufactured so slowly lately. They are producing the new floorboard thru the same source! This is all I'm sure about at this point......

It obviously will have effects, but I'm guessing it will have about 10 of the most popular models as well.

I also hear Fractal has something else very cool in the works, but not coming as "soooooooon" as the floorboard!

It's a floorboard.....100% confirmed fact. This is also why the MFC-101 has been manufactured so slowly lately. They are producing the new floorboard thru the same source! This is all I'm sure about at this point......

It obviously will have effects, but I'm guessing it will have about 10 of the most popular models as well.

I also hear Fractal has something else very cool in the works, but not coming as "soooooooon" as the floorboard!

I was right!

I hope it has all the connectivity features that I mentioned. Nothing worse that having a bunch of jack and midi cable sticking out of a floor board, when a snake solution would be better and creates less risk of accidental damage by that drunk tart at the front.

We can speculate all we want, but the history of these things is that these announcement can be quite far away. No point in getting all psyched and fretting over what it could be. It won't come "soon" enough for us lol.

Fractal is really good in the digital tube world. What other segment uses tubes in audio? Until now guitarists are covered. The only "other segment" using tube gears would be the studio guys. I really cannot think of any "other segment" using tube gears for audio.
There is another segment of audiophiles using tube gears for simply listening to music, I highly doubt Cliff would want them as his target.
P.S: I am thinking about the UAD Apollo kind of thing here, they are making tons of money with their products emulating vintage gears (same as AxeFX but studio gear oriented). Cliff has the technology, he just might be going to the "other segment" that spends more money on their gear than guitarists ;)
Maybe we, guitarists were just an experiment for the "other segment".

Last edited:
I always say this and I know it's just a pipe dream of mine but... I'll say it again!

The one thing regular amps still have over the Axe-Fx is that every control is available via knob on the front panel, so it's super easy to tweak on the fly. I would pay a loooot of money for this level of functional ease with the Axe-Fx. Or in other words, a stand-alone, 1U row of like 8 or 10 smooth-turning knobs and a few buttons that would all dynamically change depending on where you are in the Axe's interface. On the main patch recall page? Assign any knob and/or button to any parameter in the patch. In the Amp Block edit menu? Assign the knobs to traditional drv-bass-mid-treb-pres-depth-mstr-lvl controls, etc and so on for every block type.

Fingers crossed this is the "other" product in development besides the other-market-segment product.

I can imagine a vintage studio gear rack-mount unit that would let you put a number of modeled units in whatever order you liked: a Rupert Neve channel strip, a Pultec E.Q., etc.

Or a stomp box for guitarists that emulates just a few popular amps: Fender, Marshall, Vox. No tweakability.

Wrong on most counts.

It's a floorboard... 100% confirmed! :mrgreen

Yes, for sure this part is 100% fact like I said. The other parts about the reason for the slow availability of the MFC, & if the floorboard will have amps models or not is speculation. I still believe the floorboard will include some amp models(maybe just wishing on my part)

The floorboard is 100% confirmed fact!!! I knew that Cliff couldn't say "wrong on all counts". lol

They also have something else in the works for later......

Last edited:
Yes, for sure this part is 100% fact like I said. The other parts about the reason for the slow availability of the MFC, & if the floorboard will have amps models or not is speculation. I still believe the floorboard will include some amp models(maybe just wishing on my part)

The floorboard is 100% confirmed fact!!! I knew that Cliff couldn't say "wrong on all counts". lol

They also have something else in the works for later......

I would be happy if you were wrong about the 10 models

and there was a bunch more :D

then easy to expand that line to an FX only version (which also needs less processor).

Maybe it is an FX only version indeed? that could explain why so very little new effect stuff/improvements was added in the last FW updates.

Well now that Cliff has said you are wrong on most counts, I know at least your wrong on most of it. So there goes your "100% confirmed fact"!!

Of course he never said what part you may be right on....

Last edited:
Most wrong! But someone got close!
Is only sotfware?
Is on the floor?
Has amp modelling?
Only has fx?
Is a frfr power amp?
Has some innovatios!!!!
Nobody knows! We all want everythig!

100% confirmed fact it is a floorboard. Effects are a given as well. The rest is up to you folks to speculate over......I've done the main detective work! lol

hmm... a Boss ME-70 type floorboard might make a lot of sense. That is, several core effects, each with a range of options, individual controls, as well as half a dozen amplifier emulations for clean, crunchy, rock, metal, etc.

Attach a wah/volume pedal and you've got something that would probably fetch $999 or so rather easily.

In fact, you give me two or three clean tones, two or three rock tones, two or three heavy tones, some delay, reverb, chorus, compression and eq options... well, I'm buying!

Of course he never said what part you may be right on....

1. It's going to be a floorboard: Probably correct
2. This is why the MFC was manufactured so slowly: Probably incorrect. I thought that was because of trouble sourcing parts.
3. It will have 10 amp models: Probably incorrect. Probably none.
4. It will have effects: Probably correct.
5. Something else very cool in the works: probably incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom