What will be better about Cygnus?

That's what I wanted to hear. I feel the Ares Top Boost model has a lot of low end and low mids, which really muddies up when you put on a dotted eighth delay and strum.
I agree, in fact I always cut about 3db’s at 250hz in the amp graphic eq. Now I only cut 1.5-2 but with increased bass you get more weight with no mud / flubbiness

I generally don’t like to exaggerate, but this fw truly is a game changer, seriously.

I'm the same way and have to agree. I own both an AXIII and FM3 and recently migrated my foundational presets (without resetting amps after Cygnus, just using all original parameters so that only primary difference was algorithms) to my FM3 and finally had the ability to directly A/B the sounds. My ears quickly get accustomed to new sounds and it's very hard for me to discern differences without a quick A/B process. The differences are quite remarkable, and I'm usually pleased with general upgrades but not 'overly impressed' like this. If Cygnus weren't able to be technically ported to the FM3, I would quickly sell it (remarkably for probably as much as I paid for it) and buy a second AXIII for backup. I'm really looking forward to the FM3 upgrade so I don't have to break my AXIII out of the studio and "lug it" to band rehearsal. And if that ain't a first world problem, I don't know what the hell is!

Back
Top Bottom