What was the trick for faster boot up?

BfkD4DuIUAATCRy.jpg

I got to say boot time does matter when you just want to get going quickly. While those extra seconds are not going to ruin anyone's day, it's nice to get it fired up fast.

I am seriously impressed how quickly the Helix Floor boots up after Line6 basically halved its boot time in some update. I really wish Fractal could do something like that for their system too.

I dare you to post here without mentioning Line 6 or Helix one time. I know you can do it. ;)

I never understood the "penny-wise and pound foolish" remark my Grandparents
would make when I was younger.

Now I know they were talking about the person who drives 5 times around the
parking lot to get five steps closer to the door. Among other things. :)
Stepping over a dollar to save a dime

I dare you to post here without mentioning Line 6 or Helix one time. I know you can do it. ;)
Just like one would never talk about amps without mentioning other similar amps.

There's no benefit to being a fanboy of a company and never questioning or pointing out something the competition is doing better. I want Fractal to be as good as they can be because I like what they make and have used their gear for more than a decade now.

Perhaps Line6 could gain benefit from focusing their energy on improvements that really matter.
Most of their updates (a couple of times a year) add, fix and improve a ton of stuff. Reducing boot time was just one of those things.

Most of their updates (a couple of times a year) add, fix and improve a ton of stuff. Reducing boot time was just one of those things.
Not saying they don't do improvements. My point is that given a large number of change requests for any modeller - I don't think knocking a few seconds off boot time has much value for effort spent, relative to other improvements that could be done.

Not saying they don't do improvements. My point is that given a large number of change requests for any modeller - I don't think knocking a few seconds off boot time has much value for effort spent, relative to other improvements that could be done.
That's fair. In Line6's case it was literally halving the boot time though so it was an actual improvement you can clearly notice rather than just shaving off a few seconds. Not necessary but very nice to have!

Back
Top Bottom