What was the trick for faster boot up?

I really appreciate your thoughts and where you are coming from, and have a sense of
your spiritual/philosophical leanings. I am just not on board with the use of the word
"abuse." It seems more than a stretch, and leads me to wonder if it also can serve to
marginalize and diminish folks who actually do suffer from the "abuse" of others.

My reading of the comments is that some of them are at best playful poking and ribbing,
bu8t get nowhere near close to anything I would label as "abusive."
Fair enough. I distinguish abusive language as intended to cause harm or otherwise shared recklessly in a manner that will objectively cause harm. The OP expressed his discomfort on page one, and later said he regretted posting at all. I have no evidence of him being a particularly sensitive person, and yet on and on it went from there. Hence my feeling like posting about it. With a shared concern for marginalizing folks that have suffered serious trauma, and having known many personally, I wonder, how do you define abuse?

What constitutes bullying? Expressions like "poking," "ribbing," and "chops busting," are interesting in that they are all physical expressions that serve to diminish the seriousness of the targeted person or persons’ concern. The idea that we need a particularly thick skin to interact in good faith on a guitar modeling forum seems worthy of reconsideration.

Fair enough. I distinguish abusive language as intended to cause harm or otherwise shared recklessly in a manner that will objectively cause harm. The OP expressed his discomfort on page one, and later said he regretted posting at all. I have no evidence of him being a particularly sensitive person, and yet on and on it went from there. Hence my feeling like posting about it. With a shared concern for marginalizing folks that have suffered serious trauma, and having known many personally, I wonder, how do you define abuse?

What constitutes bullying? Expressions like "poking," "ribbing," and "chops busting," are interesting in that they are all physical expressions that serve to diminish the seriousness of the targeted person or persons’ concern. The idea that we need a particularly thick skin to interact in good faith on a guitar modeling forum seems worthy of reconsideration.

Fair enough. And no disrespect intended. I find these convos interesting and potentially inspiring. :)

Not everyone aspires to a monk like existence, but that doesn't mean we are devoid of good intentions or
intrinsically "bad" people.

Last edited:
Oh, and let me add that one of my favourite things about my best of friends is
we rag and rip on each other, but we will also give our shirts off of our own backs
for one another. That "busting chops" can also be how we are humbled and don't get
too full of ourselves.

Simply not an either/or thing... nor an absolute... that I choose to live by or adhere to.
Also not something I judge others and their character on.

I’m not being snide here but have you actually timed them. Without feedback perception of elapsed time is not linear.
Timed it and Helix Floor was 15 seconds to main screen and FM3 was 21. Both with power switch turned on and then flicking an extension cord power switch so they start booting at the same time. So not as big a difference as it feels perceivedly.

My FM3 right now has very few user presets, IRS etc whereas before it was filled with presets from the previous owner so maybe that has an effect? What's the boot time of a FM3 filled to the brim? I completely reset and cleaned up my FM3 when the 4.00 firmware was out of beta.

Timed it and Helix Floor was 15 seconds to main screen and FM3 was 21.
Thank you for taking the time, and taking the time :). In general I’d think that as long as the necessary integrity checks are met, faster is better. But personally I am satisfied with anything that cold boots in less than 30 seconds. I could only wish that my Windows laptop got anywhere near that number. I did manage that with my MacBook Pro by installing a SSD. But a recent diagnostic test informed me the machine was obsolete. Maybe to you I thought, not to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom