What volume to run EV powered tops and bottoms?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I have the EV ZLX-12P's for tops and the EV ZXA1 subs. Both powered. Use QSC Touchmix 16 mixer.

The subs have a rotary knob that I normally run at 1:30 and the tops I run at +2db.

Question: Can and should I run the sub at full and also max out the db on the tops for more headroom? Would this be wrong or bad to do?

I have the EV ZLX-12P's for tops and the EV ZXA1 subs. Both powered. Use QSC Touchmix 16 mixer.

The subs have a rotary knob that I normally run at 1:30 and the tops I run at +2db.

Question: Can and should I run the sub at full and also max out the db on the tops for more headroom? Would this be wrong or bad to do?

No. Adjust the sub volume to what the venue needs. Depends a lot on the placement of the sub. Putting it in front of a wall will double its volume. Putting it into a corner will quadruple it. I run the sub from an aux bus to control its volume at the mixer.

No. Adjust the sub volume to what the venue needs. Depends a lot on the placement of the sub. Putting it in front of a wall will double its volume. Putting it into a corner will quadruple it. I run the sub from an aux bus to control its volume at the mixer.
Can you describe how you set up this Aux bus for Sub?

Always run the sub in a corner if possible to maximize its throw efficiency.

Then you shouldn't have to run the amp to it too hard.

Back
Top Bottom