Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Wet/Dry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wet/Dry/Wet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Deadpool_25

Fractal Fanatic
Just curious what kind of rigs most of you FX8 users are running in the stereo/mono sense and in the context of using one or more actual amplifiers. Feel free to comment why you use the setup you do.

I'm running either a mono preamp (Peavey Rock Master) or a stereo preamp (Rocktron Voodu Valve or Roland GP-100) into a stereo power amp (Peavey Classic 50/50) into a stereo 2x12 that my nephew built for me.

20171026_042743[1].jpg

Last edited:
Mono FX8 into Mesa TC-50 amp.

I get 60% of my volume from a 2x12 cabinet w/ V30’s & also go direct to the board thru a Cab Clone XLR output.

I’ve run a full Stereo AX8 rig in the past & I don’t miss the bouncing delays that only I heard on stage before.

X

Mono FX8 into Mesa TC-50 amp.

I get 60% of my volume from a 2x12 cabinet w/ V30’s & also go direct to the board thru a Cab Clone XLR output.

I’ve run a full Stereo AX8 rig in the past & I don’t miss the bouncing delays that only I heard on stage before.

X
I'm running the same rig, FX8/TC-50 minus the Cab-Clone, 2x12 slant cab miced with a Sennheiser e906. However, I am going to try both the Cab-Clone and mic at a gig this weekend, to see how the 2 mixed would sound.

Same rig here too! Mono TC-50 head to a 1x12 widebody cab. Mic'd at shows, use the Cab-Clone for getting into the drummers wedges at rehearsal.

Just curious what kind of rigs most of you FX8 users are running in the stereo/mono sense and in the context of using one or more actual amplifiers. Feel free to comment why you use the setup you do.[/QUOTE

Hi, i'm running mono FX8 into Mesa TC-50 amp. It sounds great. I'm controling the tc 50 midi with the FX8. Try to get my own voice with the FX8. Of course there are some great presets on this forum.

Greets,
Faizel

Another one using the TC50 with FX8 in mono... supplemented by a Source Audio Kingmaker Fuzz/OD, and an Eventide H9, well... just because. (Not really needed if I just program more specific song patches instead of trying to keep things down to just a few presets with lots of options in each.) I run mine thru a DV Neo Classic 4x12 cab (49 lbs and sounds pretty big).

Lol. That’s 6 of us so far with a TC-50. Interesting. Of course I’m now heading the direction of the Invective...and am building a non-FX8 pedalboard :eek: (ducks)

Lol. That’s 6 of us so far with a TC-50. Interesting. Of course I’m now heading the direction of the Invective...and am building a non-FX8 pedalboard :eek: (ducks)
Nice! I think i remember you saying you wanted to run both in stereo or something like that. Have you tried that yet?

Yes and it’s awesome! Just took a big pay cut though so looking at possibly trimming the rig down :(
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Hate when life gets in the way of the rock and roll fantasy.

My buddy just got one of the new EVH 50W EL34 amps, and I get to check it out this weekend. If I can I may want to trybto get one sometime next year, but I have a hunch adulting will get in the way.

Also running mono through a Mesa TC-50 or Bogner Shiva 6L6. I have a DigiTech Drop and FreqOut in front of the FX8.
Almost got a Freqout, and still might someday. Had one on back order,and when they pushed it back another 6 weeks i cancelled it.

That’s 7. Lol. I also have a Drop. Love it.

I use the Drop mostly for bands that play in or specific tunes played 1/2 down. I'm too lazy to retune lol.

Almost got a Freqout, and still might someday. Had one on back order,and when they pushed it back another 6 weeks i cancelled it.

The Freqout is crazy fun with the TC50 red channel. Leads that sing forever. You gotta try it :cool:

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Hate when life gets in the way of the rock and roll fantasy.

My buddy just got one of the new EVH 50W EL34 amps, and I get to check it out this weekend. If I can I may want to trybto get one sometime next year, but I have a hunch adulting will get in the way.

Thanks man. It’s okay though. I was kind of trimming down to a non-FX8 board (built it tonight) and was considering selling the TC and the FX8. However, after I built the board...

Drop > Tuner > Mobius > JHS @ > Invective > Mobius > El Cap > Dig > BigSky > Ditto

...I ran the right outs into the TC’s FX return. Wow. I may not sell the TC after all lol.

I'm running the same rig, FX8/TC-50 minus the Cab-Clone, 2x12 slant cab miced with a Sennheiser e906. However, I am going to try both the Cab-Clone and mic at a gig this weekend, to see how the 2 mixed would sound.

Yep, this is pretty much my rig too, although through a Zilla 2x12 cab with V30 and G12H anniversary - love it!

Back
Top Bottom