What to do with 4 Expression pedals and a midi foot controller?

What would you do with 4 exp pedals (moog ep-3) and a midi foot controller (morning star MC6 mk II)? I had just two pedals and I just bought 2 more... Now I'm trying to decide what the best use case would be... (Yes these were an impulse buy).

My MC6 is used to switch between scenes and presets and it has the extra 2 exp pedal inputs.
For my pedals, my ideas now are:
Pedal1: Dedicated Volume swells
Pedal2: Dedicated Reverb level
EXP3: Dedicated Overdrive level
EXP4: Varies by preset for other effects?
(note: "pedal" means direct plug to axe fx III and EXP will mean plugged into the foot controller EXP extensions). I understand they function slightly different).

Who out there has used 4 EXP pedals often? What did you determine was most useful?

If possible refrain from commenting that I should not use 4 exp pedals. I'm interested in exploring possibilities and do understand that often 4 is overkill.

I don't have it set up yet, but I plan to have the FC-12 with four pedals. Typically I'll use them something like:

* Volume
* Wah filter
* Tremolo / rotary / phaser rate
* Pitch bend

Though I always keep my pedals assignable so it depends on the patch.

Search the forum... There have been several threads on the same topic.

I use 4 now:

Auto-engage Wah (Mission Engineering EP-1 with spring)
Auto-engage Whammy (Mission Engineering EP-1 with spring)
Auto-engage Rotary speed (Mission Engineering EP-1)
Delay mix/feedback (Mission Engineering EP-1)

All of these are great ideas, but if I may comment, w/o sidetracking the initial
question:

Unless you have an FC-6 or -12, you can only plug in two expression pedals, unless there's a another way I'm not thinking of.

I typically use two pedals - volume and expression. The expression is typically enabled with a toggle in the toe-down setting (Mission SP-1). I use the expression for various things, depending on the preset. Since we can only plug in two pedals, currently, I've had to go to an auto-off setting for my presets.

All of these are great ideas, but if I may comment, w/o sidetracking the initial
question:

Unless you have an FC-6 or -12, you can only plug in two expression pedals, unless there's a another way I'm not thinking of.

I typically use two pedals - volume and expression. The expression is typically enabled with a toggle in the toe-down setting (Mission SP-1). I use the expression for various things, depending on the preset. Since we can only plug in two pedals, currently, I've had to go to an auto-off setting for my presets.
The MC-6 has 2 expression pedal jacks... So does the Axe Fx.

Note that the OP says:

Pedal1: Dedicated Volume swells
Pedal2: Dedicated Reverb level
EXP3: Dedicated Overdrive level
EXP4: Varies by preset for other effects?

My assumption is pedal 1/2 refer to Axe Fx pedal jacks.

1. Wah
2. Used for different things but usually to control the rate/speed of FX like Rotary
3. Whammy
4. Input Volume for Swells

1. Wah / Rotary speed / Delay mix (pedal)
2. Delay time (exp knob)
3. Delay feedback (exp knob)
4. Phaser rate (exp knob)

1. Wah and Whammy
  2. Modulation rate for any modulation effect, temp on tremolo
  3. Delay feedback
  4. Volume

I missed the MC-6 in the initial post, sorry.

I'm not familiar with this pedal. Would you connect this to the midi in/out, and then use the AFX III for two pedals, and the MC-6 for two more pedals?

Back
Top Bottom