What to do while I'm waiting

So I've been reading the AxeFX manual while I'm waiting. It's actually been very interesting. Thanks mr_fender for the suggestion.

I have a question. Can anyone give me a real-world example of a cold-cathode overdrive pedal as referred to in the Drive section (page 64, top of page) of the manual? I did a search and couldn't find one.

Is it referring to a starved cathode?

Last edited:
As far as manuals, read the MFC one. It's way less intuitive than the Axe. That being said, if you have a plan for how you want to set things up, we can give you tips on how to set your MFC, etc.

The best use of "waiting for the AxeFX to show up" time is to read the manual and WIKI in depth, and to use that information to begin visualizing how you will use the system. I was on the waiting list for a few months before my number came up, and I spent that time drooling in anticipation, and reading the manual repeatedly. When my AxeFX arrived, I was familiar with the menus and programming approach. Waiting isn't always fun, but it set me up to achieve quick success with the unit. My AxeFX arrived, and I had literally one week before I was going on a tour. I had to make a decision within five days whether I'd be handing off my existing rig or the AxeFX for tour cartage. I decided on day three that the AxeFX was going to come on tour, and spent my time getting patches programmed. It was a great success, and one of the factors that made it possible was that I'd obsessively read the manual while waiting.

Also, it's a good opportunity to introduce yourself, and to get to know people on the forum. The folks at Fractal Audio are wonderful, and I appreciate them a great deal. One of the great benefits of becoming a Fractal user is this Forum, where you'll find a lot a passionate, helpful people. It's the most fun I've had on a user forum, and questions are usually answered very quickly. Welcome to the club!

Not only are the forum members incredibly helpful, but you also have Cliff Chase and Matt Picone themselves, as well as other FAS employees, posting on here. There's nothing like getting a response from the designer of the product.

I agree! I know who Cliff is. Who is Matt Picone?

Matt has many hats. He does artist relations. He's programed Fractal gear for many famous artists - the Edge, Steve Vai, Metallica, among many others. Matt's forum handle is Admin M@.

Last edited:
Thanks Iscottk.

Where abouts in the Great Pacific Northwest are you? I'm in Coquitlam. Just outside of Vancouver.

Thanks Iscottk.

Where abouts in the Great Pacific Northwest are you? I'm in Coquitlam. Just outside of Vancouver.

II'm from Seattle and live in Olympia. I love Vancouver. It's a great city. I bought a guitar years ago from Scott Heatley. He is a luthier that lives on Vancouver Island. I've also gone scuba diving near Nanaimo .

You're going to love your AX2. It truly is a great piece of gear .

Last edited:
I just got it all set up. I've been playing through the factory presets and I have the RAC12 to do a bit of tweaking as I go. Man those amps sound nice. And the effects too.

I've never stopped in Olympia but I've been through there many times. I'll have to do it one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom