What to do while I'm waiting

bondsong

Experienced
Hi evereryone. I bought a used AxeFX II XL+ and RAC12 from forum member Cariboubou recently. I'm waiting for it to arrive, (Next Monday morning hopefully). I also bought an MFC 101 earlier. I did what I could with it to make sure it's all working. I've downloaded all the pertinent software for the AXEFX, RAC12 and MFC. I downloaded the free Cab pack 1 and some presets and cabs from Axchange just to see if it was all working. I've been watching some of Chris's and Cooper's tutorials.

What else is there to do while I'm waiting,(besides practise guitar)? ;)

Last edited:
Download the manuals for the Axe II and MFC and read them several times. The Axe II manual is in need of an update and is outdated on certain details, but most of it is still pertinent. There's also the Axe II Wiki. It's probably the most up-to-date reference.

Thanks Fender,

Actually I've been through the MFC manual. It was good. I even set it up the way I'll want it, at least as much as I can without the AxeFX.

I've been through a lot of the Axe FX manual I've also looked at the AXE II WIKI which is good. I checked out Yek's PDF as well.
The other reason for the post is to get my post count up to 10.

You seem to be very methodical in your approach so I predict you will be more than satisfied with your purchase and will enjoy it for years to come! Congrats!

You seem to be very methodical in your approach so I predict you will be more than satisfied with your purchase and will enjoy it for years to come! Congrats!
Thanks Jay,

Thanks for not saying "anal". ;) I'm sure I'm going to love it.

Last edited:
I'm assuming you know what type of amp character you prefer. I'd go through Yek's PDF guide to FAS amp models and learn more about the amps that you have an affinity toward.

Good idea. I ve looked through that and it just makes me drool. One of the main reasons I bought the AxeFx is so I wouldn't have to think about what amps and cabs I wanted to buy. I sold a Mesa Boogie Mark V and a Vox Nighttrain to help fund this purchase. Yek's guide is incredibly informative and I can see myself spending even more time going through it.
I actually was going to sell an Orange 1x12 with a Celestion Blue as well but my wife wouldn't let me. She wasn't sure why but she just likes that speaker cab.

If you haven't already, download fractool. It's a sticky on the forums.

Spend some time downloading free IR's from the forums too, a lot of very good user IR's on here as well a free ones from some of the guys whom do them commercially.

other than that, I would just practice your guitar so your all warmed up when you get it.

:)

If you haven't already, download fractool. It's a sticky on the forums.

Spend some time downloading free IR's from the forums too, a lot of very good user IR's on here as well a free ones from some of the guys whom do them commercially.

other than that, I would just practice your guitar so your all warmed up when you get it.

:)
I downloaded it and got a few things. I just wanted to make sure I had it working. Of course I can't really try anything out yet until the AxeFX gets here. So I don't know what to keep or not.

I like you're idea of practising. Can't get too much of that.

Make some music, using the tools you already have, or download some VST amp sims.
Do note, that the Axe will not make you a better musician. You will still sound like you.

Make some music, using the tools you already have, or download some VST amp sims.
Do note, that the Axe will not make you a better musician. You will still sound like you.
Aw man . . . . now I'm crushed . . . . I guess I'll just go on EBay and find a used POD instead . . . :D

Back
Top Bottom