What the best IR to buy to sound like Joe Satriani

Veloso1978

Inspired
Hi everyone

What best IR to buy to sound like the sound of Joe Satriani... The IR I got in Axe Fx don’t have that response or are one to reach more closely with the heads Marshall JS or JVM?

Thank you to everyone to help me.

I've just purchased the JTM75 4x12 collection. There is a folder named "4X12_JMT75_Interesting Amp Pairings_Axe FX III" but it actually contents Axe-FX II files. Are you going to update them to Axe-FX III?

I've just purchased the JTM75 4x12 collection. There is a folder named "4X12_JMT75_Interesting Amp Pairings_Axe FX III" but it actually contents Axe-FX II files. Are you going to update them to Axe-FX III?
Do you got that preset to Axe Fx 2 Xl plus?
Thanks.

I just tried again with the new update of FracTool to update them to Axe FX III.

Please re-download and let me know if they work. If not let me know the message that you get so that I can report any bug to @AlGrenadine .

I don't own a the III yet only a II, so I have been trying to give III people some value with my packs until I can get hold of a III.

Do you got that preset to Axe Fx 2 Xl plus?
Thanks.

My II presets are compatible with IIXL+. No comments to the contrary in over 600+ purchases.

It is still not possible to directly open the converted presets with the III. This is what FracTool sees when opening the presets:

2018_08_17_16_18_31.png

However, I can open the II presets with FracTool to directly upload them to the III.

These presets are pointing to User CAB n.1. What CAB are you using at User#1?
Thanks

Here is a Satriani preset based on Chikenfoot "Soap On A Rope", for all the users of Dr. Bonker's JMT75 4x12

It is using the IR named 4X12_JMT75_414_414_PZM_DBS.syx under the folder "Hyper Real Mixes"

For the Axe-FX II -> Scene 1
For the Axe-FX III -> Scene 8

Attachments

• JS410 Axe-FX II.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 28
  • JS410 Axe-FX III.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 35
It is still not possible to directly open the converted presets with the III. This is what FracTool sees when opening the presets:

2018_08_17_16_18_31.png

However, I can open the II presets with FracTool to directly upload them to the III.

These presets are pointing to User CAB n.1. What CAB are you using at User#1?
Thanks
Sorry for the delay, I just saw this.

In the AX-8 folder, I always give a document that tells you which preset is using each cab.

This is disappointing that the III presets are not working. This is one reason I didn't advertise them on my site. I am flying blind and trusting FracTool without any way to verify the presets are converting correctly to the III.

My apologies for that, but I am glad you are having better luck converting from II to III.

Could you PM me your steps? I will definitely give you a gift for your sage advice and patience.

The syx files that were converted with FracTool cannot be opened from Axe-Edit III, and FracTool displays these strange things. But the conversion is working fine.

Once I save the converted presets, they can be directly opened from Axe-Edit III.

I will send you the converted presets this evening, when I arrive home

Back
Top Bottom