What studio monitors are you using

Hey, I'm also considering these for adapting to smaller places and portability. Have you tried playing a bass through them? How do they hold up with those low notes?
No i ve played only guitar... But as you can see on the specs low frequency are.. Very low..

Adam A4V - Was going to buy the Adam T5V, fortunately at Long and McQuade they had all the usual entry-level monitors on a shelf ready to be listened to. No contest, the A4V provided missing musical information that the others lacked. I used Van Halens 'Hot for Teacher' as a reference because 1) I'm a guitar player and 2) that tune is busy and wanted to see how the monitors did with all the drums going on. The A4V's blew the others away, I had purchased Yamaha HS8's, tried them twice, sold them.

This part is important, I live in an apartment, I don't have a treated room, so a small near-field monitor like the Adam A4V is what works for me at the moment.

just got myself Presonus R80 I'm not sure what i should set the acoustic tunning to. its not the new presonus R80 v2 its the older type My desk is close to a wall and on a tiled floor. If you have any suggestion's on the Gain and acoustic tunnig setup as i'm pretty new to this stuff

just got myself Presonus R80 I'm not sure what i should set the acoustic tunning to. its not the new presonus R80 v2 its the older type My desk is close to a wall and on a tiled floor. If you have any suggestion's on the Gain and acoustic tunnig setup as i'm pretty new to this stuff
Since all rooms will be different to the user, recommend you pump some music through the speakers and adjust until you hear what you perceive as a good sound. After that maybe record some of guitar or loop something and do the same.

Since all rooms will be different to the user, recommend you pump some music through the speakers and adjust until you hear what you perceive as a good sound. After that maybe record some of guitar or loop something and do the same.
Cheers Habuman thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom