What studio monitors are you using

Why the laugh tho'?
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. I used to have ns10's for mixing and I found them so harsh and I just kinda find it funny that you're playing a high fidelity unit through such harsh speakers. But I understand they are a standard for a reason! You can get anything to translate once they sound good through them!

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. I used to have ns10's for mixing and I found them so harsh and I just kinda find it funny that you're playing a high fidelity unit through such harsh speakers. But I understand they are a standard for a reason! You can get anything to translate once they sound good through them!
I didn't take offense, no worries. Was only curious why the laugh :)
I get your point, the thing is that I have learned their sound and also they were fairly cheap compared to ATC or bigger Genelecs so I decided to stay with them. Mixes translate quite well on anything.

I got a pair of Kali IN5 this week. I also considered the IN8 2nd wave, but these would be too big to fit on my desk and have more bass then would fit in my room.

Really like them, but then again, I'm absolutely no expert.

I used Behringer Truth B2030A's for many, many years. They were a cheap replacement when my Event TR8's bit the dust and was extremely surprised at how good they sounded, really good with the AX8, Axe III and FM3. Decided it was time to upgrade last year and wanted to use the Behringers for an electric drum kit. Tried the Adam T7V and they sounded really good except for a fizzy sound on clean tones.

After hearing my friend's Focal Twin6 monitors, I checked out their models and tried the Focal Alpha 65's. I couldn't be happier. Great balanced, detailed sound, a wide soundstage and plenty of bottom end.

Back
Top Bottom