What speaker sim to use for all my patches?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I run Axe Fx II into Matrix poweramp and then into my Genz Benz 2x12 loaded with 400 watt Eminence Pro Delta A's. Want to just pick a stock speaker sim to run to front of house that should best represent what I'm using backline. I run stereo and I use poweramp sims on and speaker sims off my Matrix/Genz Benz.

Should I run no mic model? Again....want it simple and same for everything.

I do the same thing, and found I wasn't happy with the cab IR's until I did an IR capture of my own cab. Once I'd done that, it all just made sense. So now I control FOH with output 1 and my matrix/cab with output 2. Fabulous.

I do the same thing, and found I wasn't happy with the cab IR's until I did an IR capture of my own cab. Once I'd done that, it all just made sense. So now I control FOH with output 1 and my matrix/cab with output 2. Fabulous.

I am in the same boat... Have the same cab (genz Benz gflex cabs) but stock speakers. My preset layouts have cab sims on and I only use the cab sims for FOH (after effects loop using output 1). I used the Ownhammer Bogner Free IR to FOH house and really liked them. I did try an IR capture on my cab but wasn't happy with how my results came out. Have to experiment more.

Ya....don't know when I will have time to do that. Anyone do a Cab IR of a Eminence Pro Delta A? If so please post! Thanks!

I can't vouch for the ownhammer set, but someone on the Forum suggested stock cab 44 (own hammer Mesa 4x12) and they made me very happy for a long time with all my high gain sounds. Use a darker mic to reflect the eminence's bigger lows (royer 121 maybe).

Back
Top Bottom