• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

What speaker sim to use for all my patches?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I run Axe Fx II into Matrix poweramp and then into my Genz Benz 2x12 loaded with 400 watt Eminence Pro Delta A's. Want to just pick a stock speaker sim to run to front of house that should best represent what I'm using backline. I run stereo and I use poweramp sims on and speaker sims off my Matrix/Genz Benz.

Should I run no mic model? Again....want it simple and same for everything.

craiguitar

Power User
I do the same thing, and found I wasn't happy with the cab IR's until I did an IR capture of my own cab. Once I'd done that, it all just made sense. So now I control FOH with output 1 and my matrix/cab with output 2. Fabulous.

GuitarMan86

Power User
I do the same thing, and found I wasn't happy with the cab IR's until I did an IR capture of my own cab. Once I'd done that, it all just made sense. So now I control FOH with output 1 and my matrix/cab with output 2. Fabulous.
I am in the same boat... Have the same cab (genz Benz gflex cabs) but stock speakers. My preset layouts have cab sims on and I only use the cab sims for FOH (after effects loop using output 1). I used the Ownhammer Bogner Free IR to FOH house and really liked them. I did try an IR capture on my cab but wasn't happy with how my results came out. Have to experiment more.

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Ya....don't know when I will have time to do that. Anyone do a Cab IR of a Eminence Pro Delta A? If so please post! Thanks!

ari

Inspired
I can't vouch for the ownhammer set, but someone on the Forum suggested stock cab 44 (own hammer Mesa 4x12) and they made me very happy for a long time with all my high gain sounds. Use a darker mic to reflect the eminence's bigger lows (royer 121 maybe).

Top Bottom