what solution for quick adjustments of amp settings?

jzucker

Experienced
Without having to go through the edit menus and layouts? What hardware is out there that would allow me to add on gain,master, treble, mid & bass?

From the recall screen, press X and the value wheel and a,b,c,d, knobs adjust the first amp page for amp 1. press Y to do amp 2. it don't get much easier then that(IMO)!

Reactions: mak
from the recall screen only as far as I know. from the edit screens these controls work on the screen you are on. or on the controller screen they control what you have asigned them to as modifiers.

From the recall screen, press X and the value wheel and a,b,c,d, knobs adjust the first amp page for amp 1. press Y to do amp 2. it don't get much easier then that(IMO)!

sorry but I disagree. For example, when I do that with my current amp, I have no knob dedicated to the input volume and none to the master volume. and I have to use the page buttons to get to a screen where there is a dedicated knob for the master. And then if I happen to have been editing a speaker parameter previously, when I hit the "X" button from the recall screen, it takes me to the speaker edit page. #FAIL.

It was around the Q some were. I just tried this to be sure with my XL and II, and from the recall screen, both units go to the first amp page when pressing X, and or Y.

i'm pretty sure that we've had a "Jump to Block Edit Page" function with the X and Y buttons for a long time, maybe even since day 1 of the Axe II? Manual refers to it as XY Quick Jump, set on the XY page of the I/O menu on the front panel.

I just verified it and I'm not seeing the behavior you're speaking of. I just made sure I'm running 2.04 and sure enough pressing the "X" button jumps back to the amp edit (as configured in the I/O page) but not to the preamp page. It jumpts to the last page you referenced so in my case it jumped back to the speaker parameter page instead of the amp page. And besides, having to scroll through from the preamp to the power amp to adjust both the input gain and master volume (not to mention, no quick access to the preamp volume) is not going to cut it. And when you need to make a quick adjustment, you just need to have dedicated knobs, not be scrolling through a teeny little LCD screen...

It was around the Q some were. I just tried this to be sure with my XL and II, and from the recall screen, both units go to the first amp page when pressing X, and or Y.

That's what I found. I wonder why folks are insisting that this was "fixed" ?

They must just not understand how it works. Or maybe they just always happen to end up on the first page when they are done editing the amp block. But yes, as you have described it is exactly how it works and is supposed to work.

As others have mentioned, the RAC12 is what you are looking for.
-
Austin

If I configure this to edit specific parameters such as gain, master, treble, mid , bass, presence, reverb level, delay level, do the knobs work at all times regardless of what mode the axefx II is in?

They must just not understand how it works. Or maybe they just always happen to end up on the first page when they are done editing the amp block. But yes, as you have described it is exactly how it works and is supposed to work.

As others have mentioned, the RAC12 is what you are looking for.
-
Austin

Back
Top Bottom