What Rechargeable Batteries for Line 6 G50/G90 Wireless?

TG3K

Fractal Fanatic
I just moved up from a Line 6 Relay G30 to the G90 rack mount system. The Rayovac rechargeable NiMH batteries I've been using in the G30 transmitter are slightly oversized and don't fit in the G90 transmitter. Same story with some no-name 2300 mAh Chinese rechargeables. Regular non-rechargeable alkalines fit just fine.

So what rechargeable batteries are you guys using in your G90 (or G50) transmitters?

I use Ansmann AAs and 9Vs for my units that don't have proprietary setups (like Shure). Ansmann AAs work great and fit the G50 pack just fine.

Panasonic Eneloop
They fit perfectly.

I highly recommend these batteries. I have a lot of them and use them in all of my devices. just great

Reactions: mwd
Second the recommendation for Eneloop. I've had great performance from them, and never had a problem.

I third the Eneloop. I've used them so long in our wireless mic and guitar setups I ordered backup batteries just in case. Only thing is the originals still work fine.

Been using the same Eneloops in my Line 6 transmitters (two guitar, one mic) for two years (about 100 shows/yr). No problems.

Another vote for Eneloop. I use them for 2 shure wireless packs and a wireless handheld. Also, 2 xbox controllers, a harmony remote, and....I think that's it. They're great.

Yes, the rechargeable batteries should have consistent output, otherwise the G30/G50/G90 transmitter units suffer terribly.

Well,the Ansmann batteries (2850 mAh model) arrived yesterday, and they're still tight in the transmitter. They go in, but getting them out of one slot in particular is tough. (The slot where the battery's + terminal is up.) And once installed, the battery was only making intermittent contact. Definitely unusable onstage. But with regular alkaline AA cells, it runs flawlessly.

I bought the wireless unit used, so don't know if it's a problem with the batteries or the transmitter. I'll try some of the Eneloops next and see if that fixes it.

Thanks to all of you for the input.

Well,the Ansmann batteries (2850 mAh model) arrived yesterday, and they're still tight in the transmitter. They go in, but getting them out of one slot in particular is tough. (The slot where the battery's + terminal is up.) And once installed, the battery was only making intermittent contact. Definitely unusable onstage. But with regular alkaline AA cells, it runs flawlessly.

I bought the wireless unit used, so don't know if it's a problem with the batteries or the transmitter. I'll try some of the Eneloops next and see if that fixes it.

Thanks to all of you for the input.

That's unusual. I don't have any trouble with Ansmann batteries in our G50 and G70 packs.

That's unusual. I don't have any trouble with Ansmann batteries in our G50 and G70 packs.

Yeah, I've seen others post of successfully using the Ansmann batteries in those devices. I'm wondering if my transmitter's an anomaly. No biggie...I can put the new batteries to use elsewhere around the house. I just ordered four of the Panasonic Eneloops. We'll see how those fit. If those are tight, too, I'll figure the issue is with my transmitter.

Yeah, I've seen others post of successfully using the Ansmann batteries in those devices. I'm wondering if my transmitter's an anomaly. No biggie...I can put the new batteries to use elsewhere around the house. I just ordered four of the Panasonic Eneloops. We'll see how those fit. If those are tight, too, I'll figure the issue is with my transmitter.

One thing to note: the eneloop "pro" high capacity ones are slightly bigger and you may have a problem still. I have had 0 issues with the regular eneloops.

I had the tight battery problem and resolved it with taking a turn off the screws that hold the transmitter together. If they are overtightened, the rechargeable batteries will not fit.

What Patzag said- been using the G90 for about 5 years and love it, but need to work the screws a bit to make some batteries go in & out easily.

I also use rubber bands to hold the battery compartment doors tight. Works perfectly.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. The new Eneloop 2100s arrived today and they slide in and out of the transmitter perfectly.

thumb-up.jpg

Back
Top Bottom