What power amp do you use with your FM3?

What kind of power amp do you use with the FM3 for live / rehearsal?

• Total voters

FPFL

Experienced
Feel free to add color commentary. I am curious what you do!
I know we are mostly all in live gig hibernation, so some of this is remembering pre-Covid!
Just for fun.

Pair of Line 6 L2Ts. They sound great but when gigging returns (it's returning, right???) I may want to get something lighter.

Ha, it's returning. I think we will even see some pretty crazy shows. people are pent up!

I hope this works to counter the pre-covid trend of clubs fading away. Could people get sick of the internet after having nothing but YouTube shows for 18 months?

When all the clubs open back up in my state, most will have new owners.

Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170, QSC K10.2, or Sennheiser IEM system if I'm not plugging my FM-3 in as an FX-only unit with my tube amps.

Headrush FRFR12 plus an Alto TS308 (The near clone of Headrush FRFR8) which I brought home as the rehearsal studio is off limits for now.

I use a Peavey IPR-2 2000, or IPR 3000 depending on how loud I want to get........... 🤘 🤘 🤘

Attachments

• IMG_20200524_150435.jpg
    IMG_20200524_150435.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 15
  • OIP.jpg
    OIP.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 15
I havent tried solid state power amps at all. I have run through various tube amps though.
  • Laney Ironheart combo (sounded really good!)
  • Jet city 20 watt and 100 watt heads
  • Peavey Classic 50/50
The Power Station sounds a lot better than all of them. Theres more detail and punch in the sound.
Not cheap though.

Powerstage 170 / Marshall 412.
Sounds fine, but doesn't seem to have a lot of 'push' compared to the Mesa Roadster the other guitarist is using. Boosted leads seem to dissapear. So, I've dusted off the MkIII and its ridiculously punchy Simul-Class power section. 6L6+KT77 goodness. Running the JP-2c model into the effects return. Sounds awesome so far. Tomorrow I should be able to crank it and see how it scales up.

Back
Top Bottom