What pickup should I get for my next build?

What pickup should I get for my next build?

• BKP Polymaths

• BKP Silos

• BKP Black Dogs

• BKP Holy Divers

• BKP Aristides Customs

Results are only viewable after voting.

discondition

Inspired
Tunings: E standard / Drop D / Eb standard

Playing songs by Tool, Alice In Chains, AC/DC, RATM, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen

I love the BKP Juggernauts in my Aristides 060 (Drop C - Drop B).

For this next build, I want something just as versatile but warmer and better for Plexi tones,
I want to handle vintage rock tones and still do metal without getting muddy.
Gotta be good with split coils and clean too.

Please add your other recommendations in a comment if you reckon there's something better!

Hum that's a tough one because you have such a wide range of tone you are covering. Are you dead set on the BK's? SD JB is god choice hard to go wrong with that pup! You didn't mention what type of guitar for your next build is going to be, so I'm guessing a LP style?

I'm partial to the Sure Thornbuckers and have them in two of my guitars they are very PAF, a tad on the bright side but very articulate and balanced at the same time if that makes any sense. I have both the TB and the TB+ for a little hotter tone. Admittedly they are a little spendy but well worth it!

Hahaha yeah I want it to do everything 🤣

Nah I’m not deadset on BKP, thanks for the recommendations! I’ll definitely look into those. I’m getting an Aristides 060r (super strat).

I have the Black Dogs and from what you described would fit the bill, they are a great sounding pickup. BK's description on their website is accurate - basically a vintage hot PAF. The SD JB gets a lot of love but it is a pretty vanilla pickup. I would only use it if I didn't want a guitar to have its own personality. They're like the xanax of pickups.

Last edited:
Holy Divers. Amazing pickups for higher gain.

I didn’t like their split tones though.

The Abraxas split much better and for my mid-gain needs sound better. But not as searingly hot as the holy divers.

These are all based on using them in an all mahogany PRS BTW.

Mostly you want PAF then, which is a very wide net.

I’d start at a pair of duncan 59’s or dimarzio 36th anniversary and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom