What pedals do you all use with FM9?

FreqOut (before the input) for on-demand feedback at any volume, always just a footswitch away!

And Trio+, for capturing ideas....jamming along to them later with the added drums and bass giving me a sense for how things might sound in a band context...

FreqOut (before the input) for on-demand feedback at any volume, always just a footswitch away!

And Trio+, for capturing ideas....jamming along to them later with the added drums and bass giving me a sense for how things might sound in a band context...
Have you tried the feedback trick that @simeon came up with? it works pretty good, I do like how the FreqOut works.

Sennheiser wireless and Digitech Drop before the input. Drop because I want to use dual detune (or other pitch effects) and we only have the one pitch block.

Keeley Halo in loop 3. I'm sure the FM9 could cop that vibe but with room on the board, a spare outlet on the power supply, and an unused input/output 3, I figured I may as well throw it on there.

i'm one of the oddballs that uses basically a full pedalboard with my fm9. but i didn't purchase the fm9 to be an all in one solution anyway, it was just the best value within the budget i had when looking for a modeler. plus i'm not a gigging musician so practicality isn't really an issue for me. it's almost embarrassing to list everything out but here it is anyway:

morningstar ml5:
ramble fx twin bender​
modded 90s rat​
archer ikon​
pog2 with midi​
vick audio 1861​
suhr buffer output 1 > fm9 input 1
suhr buffer output 2 > red panda particle v2 > count to 5 > drolo stamme[n] > pladask baklengs > fm9 input 2
fm9 loop 3 > deluxe memory man xo modded with 4 chips & oscillation switch

yes, i am aware that i have a problem.

I use a Keeley Fuzz Head along with my FM9, that's it, no other pedals (other than a TC Helicon Mic Mechanic 2 for vocals).

I use I/O 2 using a short XLR to TS cable, because I'm using I/O 3 for 4cm with my Mesa most of the time.

The Fuzz Head is the one pedal I've never been able to get close enough to when using anything from the HXFX/Stomp or the FM9. I imagine if Fractal modeled that actual pedal I'd be happy, but it's pretty unique and I haven't been able to be as satisfied using other drives or boosts. I'm definitely hooked on the FH and it's unique fuzz/OD thing it has going on.

(This is mainly in 4cm with Mesas, if I'm using Fractal amp models I'm good with all the drives/boosts "in the box." But I'm really hooked on how the FH interacts with the front end of my Electra Dyne.)

I use a Greer Lightspeed, Bondi Sick As, XTS Winford Drive, and an Empress Echosystem with my FM9. It's all just for fun. Most of the time I just use the FM9, but occasionally, I want to mess with some pedals.

Sixstring, assuming this was discussed in the forum, would you be able to direct me to the thread?

Thanks.
I think the freqout is a little more functional than the feed back simulator but that doesn't mean you cant do a few things to get it to work just like it.

I'm thinking of adding a compressor. It will either be a Keeley Compressor+ or Jackson Audio Bloom. I prefer the Keeley slightly but I can control the JA via midi which is a huge benefit. The Bloom also has a boost and eq. The eq can be very useful for on the fly adjustments. I'm leaning to the Bloom.

Depending on pedalboard space I may add something else. It's always a balance between the ultimate board and space + weight.

In front Rotobone, SA C4, ehx Attackdecay.
In loop 3 ADG1se delay.
Only had FM9 a few weeks so still experimenting
but it often sounds beautiful

i'm one of the oddballs that uses basically a full pedalboard with my fm9. but i didn't purchase the fm9 to be an all in one solution anyway, it was just the best value within the budget i had when looking for a modeler. plus i'm not a gigging musician so practicality isn't really an issue for me. it's almost embarrassing to list everything out but here it is anyway:

morningstar ml5:
ramble fx twin bender​
modded 90s rat​
archer ikon​
pog2 with midi​
vick audio 1861​
suhr buffer output 1 > fm9 input 1
suhr buffer output 2 > red panda particle v2 > count to 5 > drolo stamme[n] > pladask baklengs > fm9 input 2
fm9 loop 3 > deluxe memory man xo modded with 4 chips & oscillation switch

yes, i am aware that i have a problem.
Just Steve: I love that you have a problem!!!

All - Could I please get some advice? I have a small studio rig at home with my FM9 going to a small PA system (stereo outs) and it's perfect for me!

Here's what I am trying to do - Can anyone help?

I have an old Line6 X3L floor unit that I want to connect in-line (stereo) with my FM9 because I have some old patches I still want to use and love. The detuner/pitch shifter on the X3L is all but unusable, and I'd love to run my old X3L patches through my FM9 and add just the detuner sometimes. It would also be great to use the built-in pedal on the X3L as a volume pedal since I'm already busy using my Fractal pedal as an expression pedal.

The X3L is also stereo out, so could I just run them in series? Guitar -> X3L -> FM9 -> PA ???
The X3L has stereo 1/4" live outs, plugged them into Input 2 stereo on the FM9, and I get no sound?

Will this work, what am I doing wrong, or is there a better, cleaner audio path?

THANKS!!!20221220_122926.jpg

Just Steve: I love that you have a problem!!!

All - Could I please get some advice? I have a small studio rig at home with my FM9 going to a small PA system (stereo outs) and it's perfect for me!

Here's what I am trying to do - Can anyone help?

I have an old Line6 X3L floor unit that I want to connect in-line (stereo) with my FM9 because I have some old patches I still want to use and love. The detuner/pitch shifter on the X3L is all but unusable, and I'd love to run my old X3L patches through my FM9 and add just the detuner sometimes. It would also be great to use the built-in pedal on the X3L as a volume pedal since I'm already busy using my Fractal pedal as an expression pedal.

The X3L is also stereo out, so could I just run them in series? Guitar -> X3L -> FM9 -> PA ???
The X3L has stereo 1/4" live outs, plugged them into Input 2 stereo on the FM9, and I get no sound?

Will this work, what am I doing wrong, or is there a better, cleaner audio path?

THANKS!!!View attachment 112970
Suggestion: Start a different thread on this.....it is derailing this thread and you'll get more responses in separate post.

Suggestion: Start a different thread on this.....it is derailing this thread and you'll get more responses in separate post.
Sure, @Tremonti - While my post is certainly relevant to "pedals you use with the FM9", maybe the ask for help isn't so per your request I posted my ask elsewhere... No worries. Have searched the forum for more details where people are explaining HOW they are hooking all of these pedals up (in stereo) without much luck. (Besides p. 37 in the manual.)

Trying to research the collective expertise here and best practices to see if others are doing something similar to me or if my idea is crazy and/or not a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom