• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

What pedalboard for the FM3?

bigfoamfinger

New here
Just wondering which board you guys were planning on using for the FM3? I'm having some difficulty with the dimensions, as the width of the FM3 is 9.2 inches. The smaller Pedaltrains don't look like they'll work when zipped (Nano: 5" and Metro:8")

I'd hate to go any bigger on the board, as I just don't need all that space for the FM3 and 1 other pedal.

What do you all think?

Last edited:

Sixstring

Axe-Master
I'm thinking none! or at the very least something that's twice as wide as the unit itself for real estate for a CC pedal and an external foot switch.

FreeMind

Forum Addict
If you are just gonna have the FM3 and one pedal, would having anything else but a plywood plank or maybe even nothing at all, benefit you?

Mark-B

Inspired
Well, my pedalboard is a piece of plywood...was planning the same for the FM3 :tonguewink:
..Nice! .. I tend to use a piece of finished 3/4 birch ply, edge banding, and a couple of wedge-shaped hardwood runners underneath to keep the whole thing angled forward and elevated off the deck. ...Of all the time I have spent on this planet, training as a cabinet-maker, as a kid, was the most useful, I think! :) .. once I narrow-down what I need on the floor, I build a board to fit everything perfectly.

For those without a woodshop squirreled away in their living room... Just as an option, places like Home Depot will cut you a piece of wood to size. Install a couple of hardwood runners underneath - half the price and just as utilitarian as anything store-bought.

Lou Lab

New here
I think I'll keep the FM3 sitting on top of my amp for easy access. The FC6 and my volume pedal will be my pedal board. Done with clutter.

gdgross

Veteran
..Nice! .. I tend to use a piece of finished 3/4 birch ply, edge banding, and a couple of wedge-shaped hardwood runners underneath to keep the whole thing angled forward and elevated off the deck. ...Of all the time I have spent on this planet, training as a cabinet-maker, as a kid, was the most useful, I think! :) .. once I narrow-down what I need on the floor, I build a board to fit everything perfectly.
Haha, me too - just so happened that my axe8 pedalboard worked out to 1x2'. Although I've switched to smaller expression pedals and shaved a couple of inches off the length...

I like my scrappy pedalboard - it's kinda what i would have done in a high school punk band - very rock and roll lol. Except that I hard mount everything with screws in recessed holes through the bottom side. And keep the cabling tidy too, i actually routed a channel for my expression pedal cables to run underneath the Ax8

Randalljax

Forum Addict
Just wondering which board you guys were planning on using for the FM3? I'm having some difficulty with the dimensions, as the width of the FM3 is 9.2 inches. The smaller Pedaltrains don't look like they'll work when zipped (Nano: 5" and Metro:8")

I'd hate to go any bigger on the board, as I just don't need all that space for the FM3 and 1 other pedal.

What do you all think?
Temple audio Duo 17 or 24
The 17 will probably just make it the 24 would be safe

The 24 fits a mission pedal and AX8

Top Bottom