1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

What pedalboard are you using?

Discussion in 'MFC Discussion' started by moffar, Jul 4, 2017.

1. moffar

moffar
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Hi guys.

I'm on the lookout for a new pedalboard, and am curious about what you're using. I plan to have the MFC-101 and two EV-1's on my board (to start with), which measures 623,4mm (24,55inch) in width and 291mm (11,46inch) in depth, crammed together, in total, excluding cables. I'd also like it tilted (inclined) and along with a tour (flight) case. What manufacturers/brands are there?

Please share your experiences, suggestions, recommendations, and/or pictures with me.

Cheers.

2. iaresee

iaresee
    Expand Collapse

I've got a PedalTrain, the older one, and it just holds the MFC and two Mission pedals. I don't think I could get 2 EV-1s on it. One, sure. Not two though.

[​IMG]

You can do pretty well with just a piece of plywood and some rubber feet. The angled MFC doesn't really require a high, angled board. I used to run with this and was pretty happy:

[​IMG]

The case I had for that was stupid heavy though. Redoing it, I'd probably go with a nice Pelican case with wheels maybe and just mount to plywood. Paint the plywood black this time. Simple, effective. Money in the case, not the board (which really just exists to keep things consistently arranged).

I don't run with a board with my AX8 rig -- it's just lose and I love it.

John Hamulak and moffar like this.
  3. belfast

belfast
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

I think if i had the cash I would buy the rjm Mastermind GT/22 but for now this: I like been able to move my expression pedals around...
    but for now this axe rig.jpg

moffar likes this.
  4. jefferski

jefferski
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

I used to use a Pedaltrain PT-Pro which had plenty of room for my MFC plus two Mission pedals and an FS-6. Now running the AX8 I'm not using a board at all.

moffar likes this.
  5. ZenRigs Man

ZenRigs Man
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

No longer an MFC, but I have my AX8 and 2 expression pedals on a Temple Audio Trio 28, which is the perfect size for this setup

[​IMG]

Great for cable management too

[​IMG]

krishbandaru, moffar and brianv4 like this.
  6. iaresee

iaresee
    Expand Collapse

That looks like it'd hold two EV-1s without too much trouble. How do you have everything affixed to it? Did you take the feet off and then thread them through the holes on the board? I dig it.

ZenRigs Man likes this.
  7. ZenRigs Man

ZenRigs Man
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

I actually had 2 EV-1s on it until recently!

[​IMG]

Everything is attached using a mixture of the Temple mounting plates and good old velcro :)

Feet removed from AX8 ...

Feet still attached to the expression pedals, which are sat on GloRisers, which allow you to mount on the board without removing the feet. I love this board!

moffar and iaresee like this.
  8. moffar

moffar
    Expand Collapse
    New here

Thanks for your answers, guys! And those are all great pictures.

Both the Pedaltrain and Temple Audio boards look awesome, and I see they both come in quite the different sizes. This should be an easy task. Now for the balance scales.

By the way, where'd you get that clock, @ZenRigs Man? That's a clever idea.

9. ZenRigs Man

ZenRigs Man
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

DS Engineering - its called The Chronograph

krishbandaru likes this.
  10. John Hamulak

John Hamulak
    Expand Collapse
    New here

[​IMG]

The case I had for that was stupid heavy though. Redoing it, I'd probably go with a nice Pelican case with wheels maybe and just mount to plywood. Paint the plywood black this time. Simple, effective. Money in the case, not the board (which really just exists to keep things consistently arranged).

I don't run with a board with my AX8 rig -- it's just lose and I love it.[/QUOTE]

How did you attached the MFC and that Mission pedal in the above picture? This looks like what I'm trying to do.

11. iaresee

iaresee
    Expand Collapse

I cut pipe hanging strap. One hole you thread through the feet on your pedal, the other whole you use a short screw to attach it to the board. You usually only need 2 lengths per-pedal if they're small and light. Otherwise each corner.

12. Lax

Lax
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

I use a 64x48cm handmade plexiglass pedalboard :D
    Of course there are 3m of LEDs inside.
    It only took some years to find a bag to carry it in, thanks gator mixerbag
    [​IMG]