What PC MIDI interface are you using for ULTRA ?

Epoxydog

What PC MIDI interface are you using for ULTRA?
I want to connect with AxeEdit but my USB to MIDI interface is not working.
I have been on the horn with Sean, and verified that MIDI is working on the unit but cannot get this interface to work on WinXP Home SP3.

I'd be interested to hear what interfaces that you PC guys are using successfully.

Thanks
Mike Elwood- Epoxydog

Creative Sound Blaster Live!, with Windows XP SP3. connect to Axe-Fx via old style midi/gameport cable (ancient by modern standards but it works...!!).

Midisport 2X2, Midisport Uno, Digidesign MBox-2, RME Digiface, everything I've ever tried worked fine (it's just MIDI).

I connected my Ultra with a PreSonus Firepod, which, incidentally, just died this week. Sigh. It turns on, but these loud repetitive popping sounds now come through the monitors after 5 minutes.

MOTU Ultralite MK3 here. Never had any problems. Although MIDI cables can be finicky sometimes and is often overlooked by some.

I bought the Alesis USB/Midi cable to connect my Ultra, but it doesnt work unfortunately... "Midi In" LED of the Axe FX flashes but there's no connection with Axe Edit...
People succeed to connect with a simple 1x1 midi USB cable but it seems a few brands are recognized by the Axe... Maybe Axe Edit 2.0 will solve that but I'm pretty sure it won't.
So avoid that cable ^^

Back in my Ultra days I used Midisport 2x2 (Anniv ed.) and the Midisport UNO using the generic MS Midi drivers on Win7x64. The M-Audio drivers were a complete joke/disaster, and the MS ones work fine.

FWIW - Still have 'em and update MFC firmware using them - and yes, I've tried (many times) over USB thru the Axe-II and it does not work.

i had one of those chinese 'midibox' 4x4 cheapo units that connected to windows when it felt like it. :(

now i have a m-audio 'midiman' which is faultless. :)

EMU 0404USB @ home and Alesis IO26 @ training apartment (we have a slightly old PC there for recording purposes). Both sound cards work well without problems.

I use a Mk 1 Tascam US-122 which I've had for years. It's a bit more than just a USB to midi interface but it's connected every piece of midi gear to the PC that I've tried it with. This includes Line 6 Pod 2. Behringer V-Amp Pro, Digitech Genesis 3 and 2112, Rocktron Voodu Valve and Prophesy and now the Ultra - never had a problem.

"M-Audio Fast Track Ultra" works for me and has for years with my Axe-FX Ultra. Just finished using it 20 minutes ago...

Back
Top Bottom