What no one said it ? HAPPY FATHERS DAY, WHO'S A FATHER?!

Here in Australia you're not allowed to be a Father or a Mother or you'd be admitting a binary gender structure which may offend .02% of the population. Oh no good at all - You are whatever you identify to be. 'Mothers' and 'Fathers' are to be replaced by 'individuals that may or may not be one or the other gender that may or may not have had a significant part in your upbringing.'
I'd say thanks, but I wouldn't mean it.
Pauly

I'm a father ... and a grandfather.

Another fun fact: Here in Denmark we celebrate (well kinda celebrate - it's mostly a comercial "try to sell more grown up toys to old boys" thing here) on the 5th of June.

I've got 5... Spent the weekend at my parents' place for my 28th anniversary Saturday and Father's Day today. Had the 2 youngest with us (the other 3 are grown). Also had my granddaughter with us.

5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bloody Hell.
At least you took care of my fair share... I have zero... Natural born bachelor (but with gf now) :D

Went to my folk's house with my two boys, 17 & 20yrs. Burgers over charcoal, baked beans, potato salad, apple pie. Ahhhh. A good day, only dampened by learning my dad's brother is now in hospice (cancer). I'm getting to the age where my friends are losing parents. Bummer, but part of the cycle.

My daughter walked into the family room yesterday morning, looked at me and said...'Happy Me Day!' With a puzzled look on my face, I said...'Happy Me Day?'. To which she replied...'ya, without me, you wouldn't be celebrating anything today!'

At least I know she's mine, because she's a smart-ass like me! lol

My daughter walked into the family room yesterday morning, looked at me and said...'Happy Me Day!' With a puzzled look on my face, I said...'Happy Me Day?'. To which she replied...'ya, without me, you wouldn't be celebrating anything today!'

At least I know she's mine, because she's a smart-ass like me! lol
That’s pretty funny :D gotta love the kids:cool:;)

That’s pretty funny :D gotta love the kids:cool:;)

She sure has a quick wit. Another time, when she was 5 or 6 maybe younger...she was still in a car seat. I was reminiscing to her what had and hadn't changed in town since I moved here to go to school, in 1983. Then I said to her...'if I hadn't moved here, I wouldn't have met your mother and you wouldn't have been born'. You could see the gears rotating in here head and a few second later, she replied...'no, I would have been born, I just wouldn't have been Italian!'.

Last edited:
5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bloody Hell.
At least you took care of my fair share... I have zero... Natural born bachelor (but with gf now) :D
Well, the 3 oldest were done the natural way... The 2 youngest we adopted.

They are natural siblings and were the kids of my wife's niece, who unfortunately had a bad problem with drugs (along with the father).

They lost the kids and we started initially just as foster care. The youngest celebrated her first birthday the day we received them from Child Protective Services.

The parents had almost 3 years to get their lives together and they failed... Didn't really even try.

We proceeded with adoption :)

Our older kids were fully onboard with the whole thing, too!

The older of the 2 has special needs but has improved dramatically since we first got him. Plays guitar and writes music. Loves to draw.

They are 13 and almost 15 now.

My 13 year old daughter wrote some really beautiful stuff in my Father's Day card... I almost started crying!

But of course the 15 year old boy made a fart reference in what he wrote, so that saved me ;)

They're great kids and we love them.

Well, the 3 oldest were done the natural way... The 2 youngest we adopted.

They are natural siblings and were the kids of my wife's niece, who unfortunately had a bad problem with drugs (along with the father).

They lost the kids and we started initially just as foster care. The youngest celebrated her first birthday the day we received them from Child Protective Services.

The parents had almost 3 years to get their lives together and they failed... Didn't really even try.

We proceeded with adoption :)

Our older kids were fully onboard with the whole thing, too!

The older of the 2 has special needs but has improved dramatically since we first got him. Plays guitar and writes music. Loves to draw.

They are 13 and almost 15 now.

My 13 year old daughter wrote some really beautiful stuff in my Father's Day card... I almost started crying!

But of course the 15 year old boy made a fart reference in what he wrote, so that saved me ;)

They're great kids and we love them.
Sounds like your a very lucky man.:)

Back
Top Bottom