What Monitors are you guys Using W/ your AXE FX

Kdog

Inspired
just curious if ( for a basement guitar player) the ones I bought will suffice?

They are call M1 Active MK2s .

Will I be happy w/ this. ? My Axe Comes tomorrow. I also bought an Alesis Power Filter.

I'm using yamaha HS50s, They're excellent, I have 3 friends with HS80s and those are definitely louder and bassier. But the HS50s are very clear and flat. Perfect for my home production stuff.

I have the HS80`s. Really happy. But the HS50 is flatter and more "correct". Less bass.

I use my HS 80`s in a 80 m2(861.11ft²) room, so i got enough space.

Never cared much about the hs50s. The Focal Solo 6be are a completely different beast. Sooooo happy with them.
Check out the Equator D5s. Lots of good reviews and quite cheap.
Cheers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm using a pair of Yamaha HS80Ms. They work great hooked up through an Alesis iO2 Express. Of course, I haven't tried any other setups so I have no point of reference, and I'm sure there's better stuff out there for the $.

Whatever you get make sure you have them setup correctly. Monitor stands and isolation pads really help, if you can't afford them - be creative. Buy or build something to get the monitors off your desk and up to the elevation of your ears.

I got packing foam from work for free, it's completely identical to material isolation pads are made from.

I'm using the hs80's and they're clear as day. I AB'd them to Rockitz, mackies and m-audios.

Pros: Best in their price range. You'll hear everything going wrong in your mix. They're built sturdier than your grandpa's log cabin.

Cons: The low end isn't there. If you mix something down that sounds good in the monitors you have end up with something really muddy on you lower frequencies.

I use Yamaha's HS50m. Best monitors I have ever used in my life.
The problem there is of course the low end isn't suffice in these monitors. But I've tested patches that I've made on every speaker and headphones I have in a mix, and it's solid.
I am thinking about upgrading my set by adding the sub woofer from Yamaha. I tested it and it sounds killer!
Just my 5 cents :)

Got a chance to get a couple of barefoot mm27's out of a mates studio silly low price... Is it worth upgrading from my pair of rcf's nx10's??... To be honest for the deal I reckon I can sell my rcf's for the same price I buy the mms for... Seems a bit too good to turn down.... Hmmmm how much difference do u thing I would get in my home studio

Back
Top Bottom