what marshall model do you think would be closest to the one here? (band: skeletonwitch)

1) figure out what cabinets/speakers they usually. Probably V30's though it sounds like they may be one of the few who don't use them at least exclusively. Tone is on the scoopier side.

2) Tons of amp models I can think to try to get close to that. ENGL Savage, uberschall, JVM. I would try the uberschall. Low end on the track seems to not be the absolute tightest tone, uberschall is pretty fat on the lows.

1) figure out what cabinets/speakers they usually. Probably V30's though it sounds like they may be one of the few who don't use them at least exclusively. Tone is on the scoopier side.

2) Tons of amp models I can think to try to get close to that. ENGL Savage, uberschall, JVM. I would try the uberschall. Low end on the track seems to not be the absolute tightest tone, uberschall is pretty fat on the lows.

i know live they used 1960 marshalls, idk what speakers though. but for the studio it very well could have been something different, that's always a thing

cool, thank you. i figured that'd be the go to but i wanted to see lol
Yeah, definitely!
You absolutely need to boost the 800 with pedals, though, because the DSL100 has more gain on tap on its OD channels (which I believe they were using).
i know live they used 1960 marshalls, idk what speakers though. but for the studio it very well could have been something different, that's always a thing
Those look like standard 1960 cabs. Not many artists bother to change the speaker on cabs so you can assume G12-T75s. If not T75 then V30 would be my best guess.

Back
Top Bottom