What laptop to buy

Wayne Y

I want to get a laptop to work with the 3 , I bought a cheap one and made sure it was above 1.3 Ghts Prosser but got an error message and wouldn't open the editor, so I took it back to the store. Any recommendations on which one to get without costing to much

I'm using an 7-year old mac book air and it works fine. Upgrading to mac book pro soon for recording but will keep the Air to bring to gigs and run Ax Edit.

I'm not sure about that, I bought a new laptop that had 2.3 Ghts and it wouldn't open the program Axe edit that is.

how much is too much?

Could be another pc/mac big debate, mac is overpriced using mainly intel CPU's and in my opinion not worth it in any way, shape or form. Stick with a PC. For your axe...from their specs: Intel Core 2 @1.6 GHz, or AMD w/1gb of ram is minimum. If you're not getting axe edit to work, there's something you're not doing right. You had mentioned 1.3Ghz initially btw.

I wouldn't want any laptop that old though (their specs stated)...lol. I got an I7 4710HQ with 16gb memory for 25.00 at goodwill a few months ago, yes 25.00, nothing wrong with it. I added a samsung 970pro hard drive installed a new operating system and it's nice and fast. My desktop I built a 9900k PC overclocked running on water with a 2080TI card and 32gb ram...$ for $ I"d put that against a mac any day.

So maybe an i5 or i7 should be fine, that should be about 500 us. The one I picked up was a 2.3 Ghts with plenty of ram and got a error message and down loaded all the downloads from the fractal website and still no luck but that laptop was 250 us

FYI, is GHz...

You don't say what error you got or any other symptom. Axe-Edit is not a big resource consumer and pretty much anything you can buy today should work just fine.

Post the error message.

Thanks for FYI, I don't remember what the error message was, it was a couple of days ago that I took the laptop back to the store.

I guess I tried to get away cheap but it didn't work so I'll spend the 5 to 6 hundred for something that works. Thanks for all your post, I appreciate your help

USB is terrible on many PC laptops. I'd get a cheap used Mac.
I have an Asus transformer book. About as low specs as you can get for win machine. USB was never an issue. Was using an old Dell running vista. No USB issues. Don’t get me wrong I love Mac and use them as my main desktop but win machines can be had for much cheaper than used macs.

Back
Top Bottom