What is your number one guitar at the moment?

This one is getting the all my love lately but when it comes due for a string change (very soon), I will switch it up.

- 2013 Charvel Custom Shop with a AAA quilted top
- Pickups have been replaced (since this pic was taken) with a Dimarzio 36th Anniversary bridge and Dimarzio Satch Track in the neck.
- Selector is 3 way and volume is push/pull which splits both pickups.

The guitar is incredibly light and I love it.

15585449_10208220466890802_806891849785774080_o.jpg

Last edited:
kaqpzb.jpg

This one is getting the all my love lately but when it comes due for a string change (very soon), I will switch it up.

- 2013 Charvel Custom Shop with a AAA quilted top
- Pickups are Dimarzio 36th Anniversary bridge and Dimarzio Satch Track in the neck.
- Selector is 3 way and volume is push/pull which splits both pickups.

The guitar is credibly light and I love it.

View attachment 53596

:eek: That's beautiful! I feel a bit lightheaded....I think I better si.... *THUD*

:eek: That's beautiful! I feel a bit lightheaded....I think I better si.... *THUD*
Thank you. I was just in the right place and the right time to grab it. Charvel made 3 guitars like this for NAMM. I know one of them ended up in Canada but the top wasn't as nice.

US made hardtail Charvels are hard to find as well as one with the spoked truss wheel. I hate having to loosen or remove a neck to adjust its relief.

Can't really say I have a "number one" but if I had to I'd say... either my Ibanez Universe or my Kramer Beretta, depending if I want standard or drop D tuning. Sounds weird so say that a guitar that original cost only $150 is becoming a mainstay, but replacing/upgrading virtually every piece of it except the wood itself has made it into a real ripper.

Can’t post a picture because I’m away but my go to guitar is a Parker Fly. And I think it will be till the day I can’t play no mo’ - (triggers appropriate blues lick:cool:).

After countless tries there is still nothing that feels anywhere close to a Parker to play on.

Call me a lazy guitarist but I don’t want to fight my guitar. And the Fly never fights back. She does everything I ask her. Too many times I ask the wrong thing, but delivers always.

I love me Parker Flys :p

Edit. Found a good shot on my phone.
Parker Fly often looks out of place to my eyes, so I'm somewhat surprised that it looks so good on you, you really make the look work!
Depends on if I want humbuckers or the tv jones...
A8L2dCp.jpg
What are these?

Parker Fly often looks out of place to my eyes, so I'm somewhat surprised that it looks so good on you, you really make the look work!

What are these?
Ah sorry - forgot the headstocks are cut off.

Collings guitars - left is SoCo LC (15" bout), right is SoCo 16LC (with 16" bout and TV Jones pups).

I owned the one on the right and met up with the owner of the left to compare. They were different enough (and the deal good enough) that I bought it 2 days later on the way to a gig. :)

Ah sorry - forgot the headstocks are cut off.

Collings guitars - left is SoCo LC (15" bout), right is SoCo 16LC (with 16" bout and TV Jones pups).

I owned the one on the right and met up with the owner of the left to compare. They were different enough (and the deal good enough) that I bought it 2 days later on the way to a gig. :)
I quite like the lines where the body meets the neck, and now I know that's a Collings thing, thanks ;)

Other than the obvious size difference, how would you say the 15 & 16 are different?
Thank you! Try one if you have the opportunity.
I'd love to come across one!

Other than the obvious size difference, how would you say the 15 & 16 are different?

It's really three things - the body size, the pickups, and the bridge.
The orange one replaced my Gretsch - it does that thing well given the pickups and bigsby. Chime to growl.
The 15" has ThroBak PG-102 Peter Green Style PAF Humbucker from the previous owner. (Without the magnet flip). Does the 335-ish stuff but yet sounds different than my es-335.
Sigh. May it never end.
I really need to record some samples sometime.

Back
Top Bottom