What is your number one guitar at the moment?

spagthorpe

Power User
I'm sure most of use own more than one. I'm just curious what you're picking up most often these days.

At least the last few months, my 2015 Mystic Dream JP6 is the one. I'll play others, but the JP6 just fits.

Over the last five years I’ve been on a campaign to build a better guitar. I started with a Telecaster kit, and have kept modifying the design at a rate of two per year. Each gets gigged for a couple of months until I’m certain what I want the next design step to be. The latest is this little gem, although since the picture was taken I’ve reverted to a Tele neck pickup.
2tn0CZY.jpg

Charvel USA Select HSS Satin Red. (Dimarzio Super Distortion & Dimarzio single coils).

I own a MIM Strat, Les Paul Classic Custom Silverburst (very pretty), and my original '87 Ibanez RG 550. My Ibanez sounds the best. It's got an old '87 Duncan Distortion that I swapped for the original pup. For some reason that HB is the sound. I toyed with putting one in the Charvel or maybe a JB. The Charvel is so dynamic with the pickup config and the super 5 way blade. Plus I put in a treble bleed which is key to cleaning it up by the volume knob.

The LP is a one trick pony and seems like the truss rod needs an adjustment every month. It sounds great for distorted tones and getting the 'woman tone'. But it just doesn't clean up unless you play on a clean preset or amp. So it hangs and looks pretty.

EVH Wolfgang (the original pricey one) and I put in a Freeway switch so I have both humbucker and single coil sounds. It's been my main guitar since I got it 6 or 7 years ago.

Can’t post a picture because I’m away but my go to guitar is a Parker Fly. And I think it will be till the day I can’t play no mo’ - (triggers appropriate blues lick:cool:).

After countless tries there is still nothing that feels anywhere close to a Parker to play on.

Call me a lazy guitarist but I don’t want to fight my guitar. And the Fly never fights back. She does everything I ask her. Too many times I ask the wrong thing, but delivers always.

I love me Parker Flys :p

Edit. Found a good shot on my phone.

Attachments

• 8C680217-03FD-40C6-ACB4-8FD2275A21CE.jpeg
    8C680217-03FD-40C6-ACB4-8FD2275A21CE.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 41
Parker Fly Deluxe has been my absolute go to guitar ever since i bought it in '94, probably about 90% of my playing on that guitar alone.

Although... have been giving my 80's Washburn J6 a fairy bit of lovin' in a regular little country gig of late, and I'm really enjoying it!

(Would've taken my Parker but you know, turning up to a country gig with a Parker is like turning up to a stock car race with a Formula 1..)

My Warmoth blue flake "Discocaster":

IMG_0025.jpg

Swamp ash body. Goncalo Alvez neck with Pau Ferro board. Recessed TOM bridge DiMarzio HS-3 in bridge DiMarzio HS-2 in neck and middel.
Planet Waves autotrim tuners. Five way and one volume.

Cuts/blends so good with the normally rather dense synthscapes I have in my synthpop songs.

Even though my avatar is a picture of my Les Paul Custom (my wife had it professionally photographed as a birthday present) the guitar I play all the time is my PRS McCarty. I got it 14 years ago, and I can honestly say this McCarty ended my GAS for electric guitars.

I love seeing all these pictures. Guitars are such pieces of art.

Attachments

• B29F94F5-4A93-4D87-9D44-9C914C2A5D90.jpeg
    B29F94F5-4A93-4D87-9D44-9C914C2A5D90.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom