What is your guitar whim right now?

That's a Germany-made Floyd Rose Original in that guitar.
No it isn't, Suhr only fit the Korean one on limited or production runs and the Custom order models are the 1996. Also I can tell from the picture that it is the Korean one. There are a few differences that are fairly clear. The cast saddles that are a different shape slightly if you know what to look for. The look of the post, the visible kink in the bend of the baseplate.

Last edited:
Korean Floyds are as good as German Floyds. In some ways, better.

Fight me.
The German one has a harder drop forged steel baseplate and vastly superior CNC milled saddles. The Korean one is a bent baseplate that is only case hardened and the saddles are a sintered die castings . They don't even sound as good. In what ways are even similar never mind your assertion of better.

Last edited:
They do check for dead notes but only to a point and the OEM Floyd is described as an original Floyd. Suhr guitars are mostly excellent but things can slip out. As for there use of a Korean OEM floyd ; there are plenty of expensive models from others that also use it. Custom shop Gibson Access Les Paul for one, that is a lot more money than that Suhr.

Last edited:
I sent them an email.
Hopefully that will clear it up but I stand by what I said. If anyone has a nice close up I can point out what to look for. Also don't forget there are two Korean versions and this is not the one Charvel EVH use with the beveled back edge on the saddles. It is the one PRS and Gibson use that is a lot closer in appearance but still different construction and not hard for me to spot.

Hopefully that will clear it up but I stand by what I said. If anyone has a nice close up I can point out what to look for. Also don't forget there are two Korean versions and this is not the one Charvel EVH use with the beveled back edge on the saddles. It is the one PRS and Gibson use that is a lot closer in appearance but still different construction and not hard for me to spot.
The post you linked too certainly makes the specs on the site unclear. Original is very much a specific model that's made in Germany.

They do check for dead notes but only to a point

Man, after @unix-guy epic thread about his journey through the nine rings of dead notes with Suhr, I just googled: forum suhr dead notes, and all these threads popped up with similar stories. I'd like to think that was common practice for expensive guitars, but I don't think that's the case. I point blank asked Tom Anderson himself if they check for dead notes, and he evaded the question and instead said that if I'm sitting there with a stopwatch I shouldn't buy from him. Paradoxically, I haven't read about Anderson dead note issues haha.

Question for @Andy Eagle . Hopefully not complicating the issue more.

This is from Warmoth' web site. So I assume the Original Floyd Rose on the left is German made, and the Schaller on the right of course is also German made? Recommendation between the two?

1664811873604.png

Question for @Andy Eagle . Hopefully not complicating the issue more.

This is from Warmoth' web site. So I assume the Original Floyd Rose on the left is German made, and the Schaller on the right of course is also German made? Recommendation between the two?

View attachment 109304
They should stop making those now they do the Lockmiester . Those have a zinc baseplate and steel inserts, they stay in tune but there are inferior .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom